By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Canadian Xbox 360 price drops $50 Friday

P.S

it's not rumour, I've seen that bloody flyer too, because I have to price-match it at bestbuy starting friday. lol

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Its not a shortage, its called MS fucking the consumer, they want the shitty arcades and Halo editions to sell so they are holding onto the better models.

As much as im sure MS would love to see the arcades and halo 360's sold out, do you have any idea how much it would cost them to deliberately sacrifice the additional 20-30,000 extra units they would be shifting each week without the shortages?

Awwwww, someone looks a little sheepish.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Haha yeah i know starcraft. Just messing with you guys. A shortage of Premiums, I know I know.

If its not MS holding back certain models then its the stores, they were told the Arcades and Halo editions would sell and now they never did, so they are holding back other units to dump the shitty SKU's.

Around the Network

Elites are pretty hard to get where I am. Premiums were sold out about 2 weeks ago in the stores by me but I haven't been to them lately to see if they got any new ones in.

Read my earlier post, retailers were amongst the earliest to complain of shortages. It doesn't make business sense to not purchase the consoles that make you money on games sales because you have a stock of ones that don't.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

My little brother works at radio shack and they haven't gotten any 360's in about a month. I like the trying to sell those arcade and halo 3 editions theory. Guess they made too much of those and wanted to clear them out or make some money on them. Yeah they might have lost some money by not selling the premium and elite but they gained some money from getting rid of the arcade and Halo 3 edition. In the end is just another theory though.

Wouldn't it be better to sell old models than scrapping them..........

I mean even if you slash the prices of them your at least getting SOME of your money back rather than scrapping them and getting nothing.

>My little brother works at radio shack and they haven't gotten any 360's in about a month.

There's still radioshack? in Canada?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)