By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Canadian PS4 now 450$ ??

It's a smart move ...

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
jamesmarkus87 said:
(*sarcasm*) What a huge surprise. Sony raises PS4's price and nobody seems to give a damn. In fact, some people even seem to be defending their decision. Meanwhile, if Microsoft raised the price of Xbox One by even a single dollar, all hell would be breaking loose on this forum.

Thank you! lol finally someone else who thinks so. These double standards are ridiculous

I remember when MS raised the UK 360 price a few years ago.....everybody lost their shit.

Out of curiosity, did you lose your shit about the UK 360 price?  

What you both seem to be saying is that there are more Sony fans than MS fans on these forums, and if this is your first time realizing that then I have to wonder what you've been reading here.  

Tough being a Sony fan lately, apparently according to one person I should spend everyday thinking about how Sony is near bankruptcy and stop putting my head in the sand, but also I should be in a rage when Sony raises their prices somewhere to keep their finances from getting worse.  When can I just be happy about the games Sony has made and seems to focus on and just be a fan.  

450 CAD without taxes?

It would be only 290.- EUR. Here in Germany the PS4 costs 399.- €. Would be 620.- CAD.

Hunting Season is done...

Torillian said:
sales2099 said:
jamesmarkus87 said:
(*sarcasm*) What a huge surprise. Sony raises PS4's price and nobody seems to give a damn. In fact, some people even seem to be defending their decision. Meanwhile, if Microsoft raised the price of Xbox One by even a single dollar, all hell would be breaking loose on this forum.

Thank you! lol finally someone else who thinks so. These double standards are ridiculous

I remember when MS raised the UK 360 price a few years ago.....everybody lost their shit.

What you both seem to be saying is that there are more Sony fans than MS fans on these forums, and if this is your first time realizing that then I have to wonder what you've been reading here.  

Offcourse not. The number disparity ensures that MS mistakes are exposed and beaten to death with gross repitition and Sony mistakes are met with crickets until the masses forget. Not even a "props to Nin/MS" for sticking to their pricing. lol that isn't fair.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Torillian said:
sales2099 said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

Offcourse not. The number disparity ensures that MS mistakes are exposed and beaten to death with gross repitition and Sony mistakes are met with crickets until the masses forget. Not even a "props to Nin/MS" for sticking to their pricing. lol that isn't fair.

So what would you propose, should I go to some of these Sony fans houses and tell them they have to join you in cheer leading for MS because you feel lonely?  

Around the Network

well yeah sony knows you guys will buy it and even work two jobs to get the money so of course there going to increase the price lol jk its what everyone else is saying

DD_Bwest said:
Im curious, how many others are actually canadian and how do you feel, and your friends feel about this?

When i heard about it i instantly thought "oh great thats our dollar again for you" and all my friends thought the same, i dont know person who blames sony

I feel I should have ordered some at $399 earlier so that I could sell them on Kijiji for $600 :)

I blame our economy / dollar...  Despite the fact that $449 CAD is nearly $399 USD, $449 feels like a ripoff.  It does make me happy though that I was an early adopter and got it before the price increase (surprise benefit).

And personally, I am more annoyed at games jumping to $69.99 instead of $64.99, even though the long term economic prediction seems to be that 1 CAD will be 0.85 USD (so $69.99 CAD would be $59.49 USD).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-dollar-headed-to-85-cents-us-td-says-1.2516849

Zoombael said:
450 CAD without taxes?

It would be only 290.- EUR. Here in Germany the PS4 costs 399.- €. Would be 620.- CAD.

UK customers used to have the worst price. XB1 launched there with a price tag of 429 pounds, which equals $711 US dollars. Now its had a 50 pound price drop, and the Titanfall bundle is 399 pounds (same price as PS4 + new game). 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Torillian said:
sales2099 said:

So what would you propose, should I go to some of these Sony fans houses and tell them they have to join you in cheer leading for MS because you feel lonely?  

No, just commenting on what a cruel world we live in today ;).

I just thought at least the neutral gamers here with no console allegiance would say something. I'd say their absence on this matter is most surprising.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Torillian said:
sales2099 said:

No, just commenting on what a cruel world we live in today ;).

I just thought at least the neutral gamers here with no console allegiance would say something. I'd say their absence on this matter is most surprising.

Well you know what I always tell you, you have to deal with people as individuals.  Now do you know of neutral gamers specifically that were outraged at the 360 price change but are not in attendance now but have maintained general activity on these forums?  Because I would suggest that neutral gamers probably understand how currency exchange works and how that can change over time.  For the most part the people I would expect to be outraged by this are people who are biased towards one company or another, and there are more people that lean Sony on this site than MS so the reactions are different.