By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Were SE What Would You Do With the FF13 Team Now?

So now you have this team that has put your most popular franchise in the worst position its ever been in the fans eyes, you have given this team 3 chances to put out a worthy FF game and they have failed each time, every game getting received worse and worse.  Now because of this its up to the original KH team and Nomura to bring the FF series back to once it what was.  Do you keep the team and hope they do better next time?  Do you keep certain people and fire others, if so who?  

Personally I'd never let Motomu Toriyama direct another FF game and if he does leave it only to handheld games, like he did with Revenant Wings, and if there's no plans for a handheld FF game then I'd fire him.  As for Yoshinori Kitase its a tough call since he has done good in the past, with FFX, KH, KH2, Dissidia and Type-0,  so I'd  keep him around.   

Around the Network

Can we just get the FFXII team back for FFXVI please =D

Nothing. Have them prepare Final Fantasy 17.

Alot nonsense. Up to Nomura to save FF? Are you kidding me? The same man that drove KH into nothing but glorifed convoluted fan fiction.

Anyway Kitase isnt going anywhere fast as he is key to so many of their great games and is currently co-producer on XV.
As for Toriyama who knows, I like the games he has made but it seems like theres people who dont so maybe send him back to a lesser role like he had with VII and X

BasilZero said:
I actually enjoyed FFXIII and XIII-2 - cant say much about LR since I've never played it but the demo kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyways, would make them work on a spinoff of the FF series if anything.

You need to play LR if you liked the first 2. If just for the story. It will make your tummy feel nice :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Fire them, All of them and either give the FF license to Monolith or make Silicon Studio work on future installments

Or

Make an actual Final Fantasy game where it really will be a Final Iteration with super high budget and end this downward slope with a climax

Or

Fire the people that come up with stupid ideas that and higher the original developers of FF (I believe at least some of them left but not too sure) and put the game back to greatness

Or

Sell all the assets and live the rest of my live in 50 yawts

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Xxain said:
Nothing. Have them prepare Final Fantasy 17.

Alot nonsense. Up to Nomura to save FF? Are you kidding me? The same man that drove KH into nothing but glorifed convoluted fan fiction.

You seriously think it was his decision to make all thos spin off games?

Make them work on FFXVI. I don't know about you but I loved the XIII trilogy.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Fire them, All of them and either give the FF license to Monolith or make Silicon Studio work on future installments

Or

Make an actual Final Fantasy game where it really will be a Final Iteration with super high budget and end this downward slope with a climax

Or

Fire the people that come up with stupid ideas that and higher the original developers of FF (I believe at least some of them left but not too sure) and put the game back to greatness

Or

Sell all the assets and live the rest of my live in 50 yawts

lol no

Have Motomu Toriyama make his own game and let others handle the FF series. The rest of the XIII team can stay and develop Final Fantasy games as they are very excellent developers, artists, programmers. FF13 may have been had it's fair share of hate but it was a well developed complete game with very few bugs and glitches and contains a 100% complete game which is rare nowadays.