By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XIII Saga is bigger than its individual parts combined. A biased Review of LR:FFXIII

Is the FFXIII Saga a worthy entry to the FF universe?

Yep. 26 44.07%

Nope. 33 55.93%

Total:59
Farsala said:
Agree that spending $180 would create more enjoyment then spending $60 but unfortunately I am too poor for that and I do not consider the FFXIII games as day one buys as I did any other FF before it. SE made me rage too much in regards to FFXIII and FFXV so I plan on buying FFXV used $20-$40.

Just out of curiosity, what made you rage about FFXV?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Really enjoyed FFXIII and loved FFXIII-2.

Played the demo for LR - it was OK and I'm not a huge fan of the time limit + single character.

But I'll get it when its $20 ;)

As I explained the time limit isn't really that much of an issue if you don't care for it. There is plenty of time to do everything and even if you like to waste time, there is no penalty for not completing the main quest before the time runs out. You can just start a new game+ with all items and stats intact. Fun fact: it took me 70+ hours for the first playthrough and I practically fast forwarded through the last 5 days.

The solo thing is a bit weak at the start but as it opens up and you get more and more choices in your equipment you really don't have much time worrying about other party members. In the end the combat really is as fluid as it was in the previous games.

Those 2 were some of my biggest gripes with the game before I started playing it and it worked out fine.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Farsala said:
Agree that spending $180 would create more enjoyment then spending $60 but unfortunately I am too poor for that and I do not consider the FFXIII games as day one buys as I did any other FF before it. SE made me rage too much in regards to FFXIII and FFXV so I plan on buying FFXV used $20-$40.

It was announced in 2006 for PS3. So now they expect me to buy a next gen console to play it. I would not care if it released this year for PS3 even though PS4 is out.

Farsala said:
vivster said:
Farsala said:

It was announced in 2006 for PS3. So now they expect me to buy a next gen console to play it. I would not care if it released this year for PS3 even though PS4 is out.

Fair enough. I would hate them if they would not bring it to the PS4.

vivster said:
Areym said:
vivster said:

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to think of more reasons why FFXV will finally be the worst FF ever.

Good luck finding them. Seriously, that is the best chance FF has of redemption in most fans' eyes. I enjoyed the first 2 FF12 titles but FFXV looks to be the action adventure extravaganza I have been waiting for.

You have been waiting for an action RPG in the FF franchise? For how long?

Well I don't have to think hard to think of reasons why FFXV is inferior to all other titles. Already have several that keep my hype in check.

Since ever. I love FF and I love RPGs but what I love above all is action RPGs. I can play turn based but I would take an action over turn based anyday, but that's a discussion for another team. When I heard that FFXV was going for action RPG, i lost my shit. Technically, I wasn't waiting for a FF game to have action oriented combat, I know the franchise is known for its turn base combat which changes more or less every title, I was just waiting for RPGs reminiscent to KH's combat and FFXV looks to hit all the right notes.

I would love to hear your reasons some other time.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian