By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 (EA) now has in-game (menu and loading screens) advertisements

What's your opinion about text and picture based in-game advertisements in menus and loadig screens?

I'm fine with them 8 18.60%

I hate them 33 76.74%

Total:41

Another reason to not purchase EA games. I remain unbothered.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Do the ads impact the game? If no, I don't care.

The only type of ads that really bother me are video ads you're forced to watch like Hulu or Youtube.

But don't you think this is the first step? EA is just testing the waters to see if anyone cares and if no one cares, next step will be to put ads on their other ips followed by ads that are just annoying like one of those shitty video ads and what not!! We have to stop b4 this takes off cause if EA gets away with it, then other publishers are gonna do this too! Just think of all the flashy "here is an asian hot chick that you will never be able to bang cause shes photoshopped but click here anyway" ads that are gonna clutter every game!!!

It's fact that it's not the first step, since in-game advertisement has been around for years.
and honestly this isn't even in-game, it's in-menu advertisement.

Still, it should not be allowed. We already pay enough for these games as it is to cover the development and marketing and etc costs that is associated with the game and they still manage to release a buggy game. Any game that has ads should be free-to-play cause the ads will cover some of the costs that goes into making the game but when people pay for the games, there should be zero ads and things like this should be unacceptable! Specially coming from EA where we all know they are gonna take it much further than this

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

EA spokesman "Due to the support our in game ads have received from our customer base we will be expanding it to all games in mandatory updates as well as a 3 minute advertisement every 10 minutes of play"

And it just got worse yay.

/s

i cant keep all news daily so its nice to know about EA franchies news in any EA game it should be done to other EA games too like FIFA

This is a new low even for EA. This is rock bottom...

Around the Network

Mountains out of molehills guys...mountains out of molehills.

there were ads in bf3, this is nothing new.

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

So.. is this just a console thing? I played BF4 last night on my PC and did not see a single ad. Maybe my SSD loaded the game too fast for the ad to dispaly? *shrugs*.
Has anyone seen these ads for the PC version?

So why is this a surprise that ea is advertising there movie to as many people as possible

wow