By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Infamous SS review embargo a bad sign?

edit: wow, so the embargo doesnt lift until the games launch.  Generally speaking that is usually a bad sign.  Good games with good reviews like to have the reviews out early to push interest in getting the game.  So I am changing the nature of this thread.  Who thinks reviews are going to be dissapointing now with this information?  I'm revising my guess to 79-83 range for the meta score.

Around the Network

This was said about TitanFall, and it has a Metascore of 86.

It's the most normal thing for an embargo to lift on release... Jeez man... Also, Sucker Punch has been working their assess of to keep some powers secret, they obviously don't want people being told about those powers prior to release.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
This was said about TitanFall, and it has a Metascore of 86.

dark feanor is trying to be funny but failing hard. Pay no attention to him. He hates everything playstation and refuses to believe there is demand for ps4 after being proven wrong time and again

I think people are realizing that critics seems to be reviewing more harshly this gen and are decideing to just play it safe and have the reviews released the day of. Not saying imfamous will have a low score it will probably score somewhere around a 85-90 but they just want to to be safe.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

90+ meta.

Does the game launches this tuesday or friday?

Here we go. Fanboys downplaying an exclusive. It happened with Titanfall and now it's happening with InFAMOUS. This generation has just begun and I'm sick of this already :(

Dark_Feanor said:
Does the game launches this tuesday or friday?

Friday March 21st.

I've never looked at an embargo as being a bad sign. I already said it wasn't a bad sign with Titanfall, even though i don't like it, and it wasn't. Because...it just isn't.