By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people still think XB1 is going to fall to WiiU levels?

When you consider that the PS3 and 360 sold about the same amount of consoles, the fact that PS4 is taking a big turd on Xbone this time around leads to the obvious conclusion that the Xbone is and will be an abject failure. The same can be said for Wii U in relation to Wii sales.
Contrary to the opinion of the OP I think Wii U and Xbone sales will be comparable for the next couple of years at least. And Seece, please spare us from this sold/tracked/shipped argument from now on we're over it...

Around the Network
tripenfall said:
When you consider that the PS3 and 360 sold about the same amount of consoles, the fact that PS4 is taking a big turd on Xbone this time around leads to the obvious conclusion that the Xbone is and will be an abject failure. The same can be said for Wii U in relation to Wii sales.
Contrary to the opinion of the OP I think Wii U and Xbone sales will be comparable for the next couple of years at least. And Seece, please spare us from this sold/tracked/shipped argument from now on we're over it...

loooooooooooooooooooool!i agree!he has flooded ,the whole site:P

Oh Seece

The funny thing is that most people saying that was crazy haven't been seen posting on the sales thread at all.

riecsou said:
The funny thing is that most people saying that was crazy haven't been seen posting on the sales thread at all.

sceece might be the only one left.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Agreed on the threads trashing the tracking. It reminds me of the 2012 election when the GOP kept accusing the polls of being "skewed"

niallyb

Manlytears said:
Interesting... so... what happens now that WiiU is making better sales than X1? I think this gen. will be very short, Microsoft will do the same thing they did whit original Xbox, short life spam, be the first to jump in next gen and grap 1 years lead.

That won't work again. The reason it worked for the 360 was because Sony dropped the ball hard with the PS3. This time around, even if they do release early, it won't help them because Sony will just come with a stronger machine a year later (assuming they actually catch Sony off guard). The Xbox brand isn't bouncing back.

MS may have third party support but there's really no reason for people to choose an X1 to play their third party games instead of a Ps4 unless they absolutley can't live without Halo (this is especially true outside NA).

Teriol said:
oh seece... always wrong ;)

Actually, he's usually pretty accurate and I would say has an excellent reading of the market most of the time, even with a slight favor towards MS.

X1 sales will pick up after September and outsell the Wii u. Wii u is a lot cheaper than the Xbox one and is available in more countries if I'm not mistaken. After September things will change.

Since WiiU is selling better than X1 that wouldn't be much of a fall, would it? XD