By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions Presents....Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Review!

Tagged games:

What would you give this game on a score rating of 1-10?

10 9 12.33%

9 12 16.44%

8 16 21.92%

7 9 12.33%

6 9 12.33%

5 8 10.96%

4 5 6.85%

3 2 2.74%

2 0 0%

1 2 2.74%

Total:72

Uh oh. The internet might get cross with you.

I liked it. I'd probably give it an 8.0. The only real probably I had was with some of the sappier characters, I wanted to hit them. The story was convoluted and nonsensical but that's par for the course with Final Fantasy since FF 7.

The game not having any memorable antagonists is also a good point. I prefer it when there is a Kefka bringing down the pain.

The absence of towns is one that didn't bother me in the slightest. I've played enough RPGs that I'm now over towns and I would like to see less of them in the future.

Around the Network

I would gladly give it an 8.5.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Nice review Basilzero!

I'd give FFXIII a 8.2. I really enjoyed the battle system. The first 20 hours of the game was very linear, and a bit slow. But after that mark, the pace picks up quite nicely. If only there were only more sections in it like Grand Pulse, I probably woud've enjoy the game a lot more. Also, if they ejected Hope and Vanille into space... but that's another matter altogether xP

i would give it a 4 out of 10

+ great soundtracks as always
+ Beautiful looking game
+ story was fine
+ Okey gameplay
+ a lot of content
-to linear, grand pulse was awsome but without it , this game was not open world
-controlling one character :/
IN the end i will give it an 8/10 , it was better than 13-2 and lighting returns

Around the Network

I'd give it lower than a 8. Anywhere from 6.0 - 8.0 is justified. 5.0 MAYBE. Anything below means you're a hater.

Nooo Basil! I was going to make an FFXIII thread to celebrate its anniversary.

Anyways, this game get a solid 8 from me. Battle system was pretty fun, and it was pretty gorgeous back in the day (not sure how well it holds now). However, I didn't like that it was too limited in customization, and the fact that it lacked of a strong antagonist. 

I didn't mind the party leader dying leads to a game over since I'm used to seeing that in the SMT games. It makes sense it those games (except Persona) since your party members are demons, and once the leader dies, they can run free or be ruled by the person who defeated you.

It's definitely one of the better console JRPGs of the 7th gen imo, but that's not saying much since a lot of them were crap. The best things about FFXIII were the soundtrack:

And Lebreau :D

The sequel is also great - also an 8 from me. Battle sytem is still fun, customization with the monsters is a nice addition and the soundtrack is very beautiful. The story lacks, but unlike the first game, there is an interesting antagonist this time around.

I'm currently playing Lightning Returns, and it's amazing so far. The battle system is great (quite arguably the best in the series), and there's also a lot of quests to do. I'm also having a fun time editing my schemas & garbs which you are kind of required to do.

wait I thought you liked XIII-2 more?

I think I'd give it an
8, it's sequal an 8, and LR an 8

I recently completed all 3 again. 
(LR is my favorite of the 3, and has my favorite battle system in all of FF, but it has a lot of technical issues that the other 2 don't have).

I though you would bash the game, nice. I agree about the music, even without Uematsu it was awesome and deserves a 10 easily. Overall the game is a solid 8.5 good review!

BasilZero said:
ishiki said:
wait I thought you liked XIII-2 more?

I think I'd give it an
8, it's sequal an 8, and LR an 8
(Though it's my favorite game of the 3, but it has a lot of technical issues that the other 2 don't have).

I do like XIII-2 more but my scoring system sometimes goes against what I think about a game :P

yeah, I guess I understand, I like XIII-2 more, and I like LR even more... 

But scored them all the same. There's an extreme amount of polish that XIII which is bizzarely impressive, that for instance is severely lacking in LR (Which I know you haven't played).
XD