By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Gamecube HD remake.

Can it really surivive just on remakes?  So far, nothing remotely new has been released on the system.  At this rate, it should be called the Nastalgia U.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Not sure why you'd specify that. The original was already at 60 fps. Do you fear a downgrade?

OT: Given their current situation I'd prefer if they spend their limited resources elsewhere until they are capable of full-speed HD development. However, I'd certainly not mind if they released (and marketed) Gamecube games with higher resolutions and fps, in addition to new features such as online multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards. Similarly to how Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Sonic Adventure 1/2 and the likes have been re-released on recent platforms.

Yes, I do. HD remakes usually focus on resolution, but one for this game have to keep the 60 fps, otherwise it would be a waste of time.

I guess that'd be cool, but I doubt I'd buy any of them. :L

aviggo77 said:
wasnt gc a flop?

Yes. This makes the Wii U/GameCube comparison even more true.

OT: As long as these remakes aren't extremely lazy ports (*Cough*New Play Control on Wii*Cough*) then I'm okay with it. I'm enjoying Wind Waker HD more than the original, so that's something.

let 3rd partys do the hd remakes. they dont need a nintendo studio to do it...

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
let 3rd partys do the hd remakes. they dont need a nintendo studio to do it...

This is what Nintendo has been doing. Hexadrive was contracted for Wind Waker HD, Grezzo for Ocarina of Time 3D, Q-Games for Star Fox 64 3D, ectera.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I would love an HD F Zero + Wave Race, all together

i remake per year would be nice. not more than that.
prime trilogy, f-zero, star fox adventures/assault, twilight princess, MKDD with online.
i would like 1 for year until the end on wii U life.

That Rogue Squadron flying game would be cool to remake as well. People brought that game up a lot as one of the most graphically intense game for the GC.

Sunshine, Fzero and Geist want them in HD