By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
Samus Aran said:
Baryonyx said:

USA have been off the grids lately as well.. for us who is in the middle.. we don't trust either of you.. Ofc i am leaning to the governments. But i am definetly voting for both Russia and US to work together on the ISIS case though! and we will join and kick ass like warriors!

If Russia hadn't vetoed an intervention of the UN in Syria we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw

This song sums up what I think of Russia.

thats wrong. the US wanted to bomb assad away, not the IS.  the IS just got so strong because the west supported the islamistic rebells and not assad.   yes its hard to help such a bastard, but its better than roaming islamistic raiders and no goverment in a so important state.(next to nato AND israel).

Around the Network
nanarchy said:
Samus Aran said:
Baryonyx said:

USA have been off the grids lately as well.. for us who is in the middle.. we don't trust either of you.. Ofc i am leaning to the governments. But i am definetly voting for both Russia and US to work together on the ISIS case though! and we will join and kick ass like warriors!

If Russia hadn't vetoed an intervention of the UN in Syria we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

seriously? you think installing ISIS as the rulers in Syria would solve the issue? Really?? You can't replace a bad regime with an even worse one and expect good results.

Who said anything about installing IS as rulers of Syria?

What's your country's propaganda telling you? 

Sharu said:
nanarchy said:
Samus Aran said:
Baryonyx said:

seriously? you think installing ISIS as the rulers in Syria would solve the issue? Really?? You can't replace a bad regime with an even worse one and expect good results.

You know, some people just can't understand that
the 'noble Syrian rebels' fighting against 'bloody tyrant Assad' and supported/financed by West one year ago and
the 'terrible ISIS muslim terrorists' who cut people's heads now - are actually the same people/organisations.  

Not every Syrian rebel belongs to IS.

By the way, I'm AGAINST supporting rebels with weapons. I want a big militairy invasion to stop all conflict in Syria. Place a puppet leader as you leave (putting democracy in an inexperienced country doesn't work, just look at post-colonial Africa). If that leader steps out of line, take him out. Is this an easy task? Hell no, it would take many months to prepare. But you can't let thousands of innocent people die every day while you do almost nothing. Eventually, IS will become a threat to the USA if left unchecked.

Samus Aran said:
Sharu said:
nanarchy said:
Samus Aran said:
Baryonyx said:

You know, some people just can't understand that
the 'noble Syrian rebels' fighting against 'bloody tyrant Assad' and supported/financed by West one year ago and
the 'terrible ISIS muslim terrorists' who cut people's heads now - are actually the same people/organisations.  

Not every Syrian rebel belongs to IS.

By the way, I'm AGAINST supporting rebels with weapons. I want a big militairy invasion to stop all conflict in Syria. Place a puppet leader as you leave (putting democracy in an inexperienced country doesn't work, just look at post-colonial Africa). If that leader steps out of line, take him out.

so why not help assad? he was a good puppet before. we know that he can get along with israel okay(better than every other possible leader in syria), his regime has a long trackrecord of fighting islamistic terrorist, and he isnt brutal while at peace.

the real problem for the us goverment is that he is to close to the iran.

but for the western world this is GOOD and not BAD. the iran is a stable pseudodemocratic(they have free election but the president hasnt so much to say) state. better than the other states in the region.

PDF said:
How do you feel about Russia recent economic turmoil?

saved me some money, vodka got cheaper...

Around the Network
PDF said:

Currently? Laughing my ass off :D I wonder how CNBC will report that, if it ever does of course. MSM do have a habbit to keep silence on certain events if they do not fit the agenda.

mai said:
PDF said:

Currently? Laughing my ass off :D I wonder how CNBC will report that, if it ever does of course. MSM do have a habbit to keep silence on certain events if they do not fit the agenda.

Wow, didn't saw it yet! Cool, it seems we'll see more fun things before the end of the year... )))

lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:

Why are you so homophobic?

And why you guys were ruining my country(Poland) for hundreds of years?

Russia is vermin.

One is a gross-over generalization, and the other?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Troubles#Struggle_for_independence

Poland is not innocent.

I wonder why Polish people during the WW2 were more afraid of Soviets than Nazis...

People that survived say soviet army acted like savages. Raping and killing anybody.

You guys are more Asian than European IMO.

And what the problem with being asian?

kirby007 said:
TBH I find europes and americas stance totally retarded

I agree. Let Russia do what it wants with Ukraine. It's none of our business.

Btw, if I know correctly, Rusvelt also was a president 3 times, even against some American laws. Should you call him a dictator because of this?

The laws (our Constitution was amended)  where changed after Rosevelt was President, now it's only 2 terms (8 years) if elected. At the time of Rosevelt this was Not against the law or our Constitution.