By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8's Blue Shell will travel along the ground! <(^_^<)

Tagged games:

So what do ya think about this? Good news!?

Heck yeah!!! 39 73.58%

Naw mawn... 14 26.42%

Total:53
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Yeah but Kart64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kart7

Therefore, shell is better.

Um, are you serious? o_O

Yeah but Kart64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kart7

All the greater than signs in the world wont make it true!

its ok keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it will be true =P

Nope, as only good ol logic and reasoning can determine whether or not something's true, and I've got plenty of reasons on my side, but here's a tl:dr version!

Mario Kart 7 has twice as many characters, twice as many tracks, more depth to it's tracks, more depth n options to it's Karts, and most importantly, online multiplayer!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Yeah but Kart64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kart7

Therefore, shell is better.

Um, are you serious? o_O

Yeah but Kart64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kart7

Nope, as only good ol logic and reasoning can determine whether or not something's true, and I've got plenty of reasons on my side, but here's a tl:dr version!

Mario Kart 7 has twice as many characters, twice as many tracks, more depth to it's tracks, more depth n options to it's Karts, and most importantly, online multiplayer!

Couch>>>>Online

Also the most important thing 64 has over 7 is that its 9.142857142857143 times greater  gameplay.

ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Couch>>>>Online

Also the most important thing 64 has over 7 is that its 9.142857142857143 times greater  gameplay.

Sorry, buy "X because I say so" logic does not make for an argument. The whole couch thing makes no sense anyway as not only can you play MK7 while sitting on a couch, you could be playing it online too. Now you're gonna have to explain how MK64's gameplay is somehow better despite it's lack of depth compared to MK7 and it's many mechanics like drift boosting, draft boosting, tricks, coins, gliding, underwater, and so ons.

If both games had released at the same time, the majority would obviously prefer Mario Kart 7. Don't dilute yourselves with nostalgia.

Just like Ocarina of Time isn't the best Zelda.

Einsam_Delphin said:

That's why it's more OP! Hitting multiple people > hitting one person! Also, when you see someone get's a Blue Shell on the second screen, drop back behind 2nd place and let them take the hit!

Unless you're so far ahead of second place that, by the time you're aware of a blue shell, there's no way you can drop back to second in a reasonable manner. Not to mention the person in second will see the blue shell whiz on past and know to avoid you. My desire for MK8 is directly proportional to how OP the blue shell is and how frequently it appears. It ruined MKWii for me.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

That's why it's more OP! Hitting multiple people > hitting one person! Also, when you see someone get's a Blue Shell on the second screen, drop back behind 2nd place and let them take the hit!

Unless you're so far ahead of second place that, by the time you're aware of a blue shell, there's no way you can drop back to second in a reasonable manner. Not to mention the person in second will see the blue shell whiz on past and know to avoid you. My desire for MK8 is directly proportional to how OP the blue shell is and how frequently it appears. It ruined MKWii for me.

Well yeah of course! And if you dropped behind 2nd, then it'll be too late if they're just now noticing it as it flys towards them.

As this thread basically confirmed, it'll work the same way as in MK7. Frequency could be different though since there'll now be 4 additional racers grabbing item boxes, but I wanna believe 3 Blue Shells will still be the maximum per race.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Sorry, buy "X because I say so" logic does not make for an argument. The whole couch thing makes no sense anyway as not only can you play MK7 while sitting on a couch, you could be playing it online too. Now you're gonna have to explain how MK64's gameplay is somehow better despite it's lack of depth compared to MK7 and it's many mechanics like drift boosting, draft boosting, tricks, coins, gliding, underwater, and so ons.

Kart64 tracks are better, those have real shortcuts. More characters doesn't mean better. AI is harder and better, it takes more skills to win than in Kart7. And of course, its local multiplayer is a lot better than the online multiplayer of Kart7.

And Ocarina of Time is still the best Zelda.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Kart64 tracks are better, those have real shortcuts. More characters doesn't mean better. AI is harder and better, it takes more skills to win than in Kart7. And of course, its local multiplayer is a lot better than the online multiplayer of Kart7.

And Ocarina of Time is still the best Zelda.

lol? More definitely does mean better here, as why would you want to have less tracks n characters? And please explain what a real shortcut is, and even if that were true, explain how that one thing outweighs the many many advantages MK7 has over 64. This I'd love to hear!

Now even if it were true that the AI is harder in 64, they still suck in the end all the same. Most of the skill and difficulty, aswell as fun and excitement, come from playing against human opponents due them generally being better n smarter than computers and their unpredictabiliy. However on MK64, you only have 4 player local multiplayer. Odds are, you don't have 3 other people available at any time who are just as good you, and even if you do, there's still the 4 computers who may aswell not even be there. That's why for a game like this, online multiplayer is better than local mulyiplayer in every way asside from the social aspect. At anytime you feel like playing, you'll have nothing but human opponents, usually the full 8 racers, and generally evenly matched opponents. And regardless, Online + Local is better than just local!

So the only thing I'm still wondering about is if you can still mushroom dodge the Blue Shell. This was the main thing I wanted to figure out at the E3 event since I wasn't sure anyone else would, but of course that plan didn't work out! I sure hope it's still possible!