By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

In before several more pages of people who haven't read the entire thread, and more specifically ioi's posts.

Also, is it just me or is the term "marioboys" awesome? (y/n)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Well look like Ps3 gained some sales in the US but as a blu-ray player NOT a games machine and since sony make almost nothing off the hardware it does nothing for their profit. These people dont buy software because the current generation games on PS3 (or 360) have nothing to offer which appeals to the broader category of consumers unlike the Wii.
Sony will loose mony from this but the PS3 will gain some better numbers across the US.
Who knows one day they may publish a PS3 game which appeals to people who dont have years training with thumbstick controllers. Till then sony will be taking last place in US software to the 360 and the Wii.

PS3 number 1 fan

Lets not forget that Ninty is now "tweaking" shipments to exactly hit their forecast for the fiscal year. About 6 weeks left, 200k-300k a week - figures look spot on to me. Don't expect sales to be any greater than this until the new fiscal year (start April).

The 360 on the other hand... who knows. New model? Replacing broken units? Pulling hardware + replacing bits? Plain old bad sales?

Over the long term - if there are any conclusions to be drawn from this graph:
http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39131&end=39495

...its that 360 & PS3 are basically tracking identically. Still waiting for this to change...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Shams is the voice of reason once more.

Why is it so easy to forget that Nintendo is supply controlled/capped?

I don't recall anyone saying the low sales weren't due to low supply, and if any did they were set straight long ago. There have been some people insisting on unlikely sources for the low supply...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

So Final-Fan you would have us believe there are plenty of Wiis and that people just aren't buying them? My that's not a dubious claim in the least bit.

The mutual hate in this thread is amazing... Let's find something else to do.

shams said:
Lets not forget that Ninty is now "tweaking" shipments to exactly hit their forecast for the fiscal year. About 6 weeks left, 200k-300k a week - figures look spot on to me. Don't expect sales to be any greater than this until the new fiscal year (start April).

The 360 on the other hand... who knows. New model? Replacing broken units? Pulling hardware + replacing bits? Plain old bad sales?

Over the long term - if there are any conclusions to be drawn from this graph:
http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&start=39131&end=39495

...its that 360 & PS3 are basically tracking identically. Still waiting for this to change...

For 360 my theory is SKUitis. The Xbox has so many different trims and styles this year, but only 2 are wanted. Premium and Elite. I believe MS shipped an over supply of Arcade and the puke green halo Xbox and not enough Premiums and Elites during the Holiday. The premium and elite are sold out and MS is manufacturing more as fast as possible but  they also have alot of stock on shelves, just not the models that will sell.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Neos said:
i love pizza

I love lamp!

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Neos said:
i love pizza

I love lamp!

I am Ron Burgandy?