By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

shikamaru317 said:
DanneSandin said:
What the hell is happening over at Sony? Lot's of people being fired and leaving these days...

Streamlining the company so that they can turn a profit from the success of the PS4, instead of leaking money like they did last generation. 

Yeah, but stream lining the company don't have anything to do with Amy or Jack leaving... And I don't see the need to sack 50 people over at Santa Monica, since PlayStation is one of Sony's stronger brands, and SM is a quality studio that pushes out good/great games that sell well.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
That sucks, he was the only tolerable presenter at E3.

Tretton? I always found him super-boring.

n-skyline said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Shawn Layden, currently Executive Vice President and COO of Sony Network Entertainment International, will become President and CEO of SCEA, effective April 1, 2014.

April 1st????  as in april fools day

Oh man! It's a set up then, Shawn Layden is going to get trolled via corporate level. lol! XD

The new CEO is due to start on April 1st, I highly doubt it but if this turned out to be an April fools its going to catch a lot of people off guard

To follow the gaming industry's direction, he will become the CEO of a mobile development company.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Wow. I loved Jack Tretton. Sry. He was just so swag and confident. Easily the best presenter at e3, even though they always made him talk about sales numbers and boring shit.
Shawn better be good.

ChristianTheAtheist said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
That sucks, he was the only tolerable presenter at E3.

Tretton? I always found him super-boring.

Reggies E3 presentations is used to put people to sleep with insomnia, dunno about MS now with all the turnover, who knows about E3 for them.

Guess I'll update my resume and get to work on a cover letter.

sidious164 said:

Makes sense. Sony is a sinking ship with billion dollar quarterly losses and is expected to post another billion dollar quarterly loss. I wouldn't stay either.

Wha? 

sidious164 said:

Makes sense. Sony is a sinking ship with billion dollar quarterly losses and is expected to post another billion dollar quarterly loss. I wouldn't stay either.

C'mon, don't be trolling.