By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

Anfebious said:
Praise the lord! That guy was a douche.

That's a bit blunt there but I kind of agree. I mean he's a nice guy but he comes off as sort of arrogant. I much prefer Andrew House and Shuhei Yoshida.

Around the Network

That's a shame, I actually thought he was alright. Brilliant E3 presenter.

darkknightkryta said:
coolguy said:
So did jack leave Sony or just step down from ceo

I'd like to know that as well.  They say "stepped down" so we'll go with that for now.  I'm guessing what happened at Santa Monica was a bigger fiasco than people may have realized and he's most likely stepping down to cover for asses.

Not to sound stupid or anything but, what happened at Santa Monica that could have caused this?

IamAwsome said:
darkknightkryta said:
coolguy said:
So did jack leave Sony or just step down from ceo

I'd like to know that as well.  They say "stepped down" so we'll go with that for now.  I'm guessing what happened at Santa Monica was a bigger fiasco than people may have realized and he's most likely stepping down to cover for asses.

Not to sound stupid or anything but, what happened at Santa Monica that could have caused this?

The God of War 3 director was working on a new IP.  It was in development for quite a few years.  The game was canned and most of the devs working on the game were let go.  Plus they just recently moved into a bigger studio that they may or may not need anymore.  At least that's what the dirt sheets say.

Kresnik said:
Thank god. Easily my least favourite of the SCE higher-ups. I felt he delivered a good E3 in... 2012 possibly? (maybe it was 2013). But other than that, I found him a really unlikable, Mattrick-esque slimeball.

Yeah, I went there.

Do you think Tretton will join his buddy Mattrick over at Zynga?