By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

Slimebeast said:
Talal said:
Slimebeast said:
E3 will never be the same.

We even had a VGC member with a Jack Tretton avatar. I wonder what happened to that member by the way... he was in a depression, had an abusive step dad and was dreaming about being a potato.

Horrorfest is the guy you're thinking of.

Oh yeah, Horrorfest! Do you know anything about him lately? Is he okay? Is he still around on VGC?

He became depressed and hated his step dad, and now barely posts.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
lucidium said:
The dudes almost 54, perhaps he just wanted to retire in a high note (ps4 success).
Just sayin, this us the real world, would you work until the day you died if you had boatloads of cash?

What a great way to go out, most leave when the company/branch they work for are in the shitter..

I'm glad. I mean as far as behind the scenes stuff goes, maybe it sucks he's leaving (though I'm sure his replacement will fill the gap just fine), but as far as the "public figure" version of Jack Tretton that appears at E3 and in interviews, he was pretty bloody annoying.

lucidium said:
The dudes almost 54, perhaps he just wanted to retire in a high note (ps4 success).
Just sayin, this us the real world, would you work until the day you died if you had boatloads of cash?

Cough Miyamoto Cough Cough

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

MoHasanie said:

Why resign when they are doing so well? Has MS poached him for quadruple his current salary?? 

Based on what?

Around the Network
Somini said:
MoHasanie said:

Why resign when they are doing so well? Has MS poached him for quadruple his current salary?? 

Based on what?

huh? 

MoHasanie said:
Somini said:
MoHasanie said:

Based on what?

huh? 

Why would they offer him 4 times his salary?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
lucidium said:

Cough Miyamoto Cough Cough

Cough Japanese Cough Cough third highest average age of retirement in the world cough.

Somini said:
MoHasanie said:
Somini said:
MoHasanie said:

Based on what?

huh? 

Why would they offer him 4 times his salary?

Cause that's what big rich companies do. When they want an employee from a rival company, they attract them with a high salary. And MS knows that Sony won't pay him big money to keep him cause they can't afford to do that. It happens all the time in the TV business. 

saw this on gaf and this was my reaction too

why are you doin this kaz? WHHYYY?