By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is getting both a PS4 and Xbox One worth it?

We all know that the Xbox One and PS4 have a lot of games in common, and I mean a lot! Is it worth buying a second console for a handful of exclusives?! How many games would you buy that second console for?! Could it be one if you're really hyped?! 

I've heard it said that when the price of the games I want on that console are equal to it's price, sounds very reasonable. Almost too reasonable. Any thoughts. Yes, I bought all 3 consoles last gen and I might do the same this gen after a year or two.

Around the Network

Depends how much disposable income you have that isn't going towards saving up for education/car/house/wedding

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Same situation with the consoles reversed. Quantum Leap and Fable might get me to buy an Xbox One, and Microsoft might have an amazing E3. I preferred the Xbox 360's controller to the DS3, but the DS4 is amazing.

It always worth having each console in the generation if you enjoy gaming. I pick up each console at different stages of their lives so that I don't miss out on any great exclusives. The only console I skipped was the Wii.

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

If you like the exclusives and have the money then there is no harm to be honest. Personally, i wouldn't get both X1 and PS4 as i'm not so keen on Microsoft's exclusives. Wii U and PS4 will do for me. 

Also, i wouldn't recommend both X1 and PS4 if you were into multiplayer alot due to the subscriptions. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

No. You can play most of Xbox's big game on PC, and you can only play 1st party Sony games on PlayStation.

Not yet, but will be soon. Devs are starting to move to current gen rather quickly. While I expect sports, CODs, movie tie ins, Lego, Just Dance, etc to be cross plat for at least 3-4 more years, new games will more often than not be 8th gen only as seen by Batman AK.

Yes, you'll get better tv interaction with the X1 and you'll get the majestic Sony exclusives and third party exclusives that will come once the ps4 start snowballing in sales.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Right now NOPE. but in 2-3 years i would think so.

There are enough exclusives announced, but none of them really have released dates atm.

Im getting a PS4 first (for 3rd party games) but I will get an Xbox One once more kinect games are out, alongside Project Spark, Halo, Titanfall, Fable, Sunset Overdrive etc and probably after a fair price drop too.