By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall season pass will cost $24.99

OdinHades said:
lol

pretty sure they said he was wrong shortly after he posted that http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/01/titanfall-doesnt-require-an-online-pass-season-pass-unlikely

i dont see this as a big deal since you can always buy the season pass so you can wait and see how the maps are reviewd then buy it or not

Around the Network
Somini said:
starcraft said:
BeElite said:

By that logic every PS4 game costs $460 + tax?

Or for (near) feature parity with the Xbox One throw in a camera for another $60?

Drop the fanboyism buddy.  If people like the game, this pricing is near enough to standard.  If they don't want the game, no amount of cash is worth it.

Same with every single game, on every single system.

No need to call him a fanboy just because you don't agree with him! Deal with your problem without resorting to this shit.

Uhhh my problem?

Fair enough, I'll bite.  In your opinion, is it reasonable to declare that the cost of a game includes the cost of all DLC and a console?

Further, is it likely that in the current climate, on this website, someone claiming this is doing so without some element of rose-tinted fanboyism?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

In what way are people getting screwed with 3 map packs for $25? They'll have at least 3-4 maps plus more in each pack. And the game already has 15 maps, which people tried to say some were DLC but turned out to be in the full game.

starcraft said:
BeElite said:
starcraft said:
BeElite said:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/5/5474610/titanfall-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition

What does everyone think of this, no single player and extra $25 for 3 map packs.  Early adopters really geting screwd on this. 

Why are they getting screwed?  

The beta alone has a tonne of content, and it appears the full game will have in the realm of 8-10 times as much, before you even get to the DLC?

85 extra on top of 500.

Or for (near) feature parity with the Xbox One throw in a camera for another $60?

Drop the fanboyism buddy.  If people like the game, this pricing is near enough to standard.  If they don't want the game, no amount of cash is worth it.

uhuh.

it show ms frak over their own fans, 3 months after release and market sees it.  xbox is so weak right not i could not unload a X1 for 500 with a game, retail cost 655.

BeElite said:
starcraft said:
BeElite said:
starcraft said:
BeElite said:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/5/5474610/titanfall-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition

What does everyone think of this, no single player and extra $25 for 3 map packs.  Early adopters really geting screwd on this. 

Why are they getting screwed?  

The beta alone has a tonne of content, and it appears the full game will have in the realm of 8-10 times as much, before you even get to the DLC?

85 extra on top of 500.

uhuh.

it show ms frak over their own fans, 3 months after release and market sees it.  xbox is so weak right not i could not unload a X1 for 500 with a game, retail cost 655.

What game did you purchase that cost $155?

The Xbox One is selling better than any Xbox console in history.  

I get preferring one console over another, sure.  I just don't understand such vitriol for the rival console, it must be so stressful mate.  Let it go.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
In what way are people getting screwed with 3 map packs for $25? They'll have at least 3-4 maps plus more in each pack. And the game already has 15 maps, which people tried to say some were DLC but turned out to be in the full game.

At the end of the day its half a game, extra packs should be free if they dont offer a full title yet are charging full price for it. 

85 for online only... wtf.   Iv never had a console be a worse value then X1, hardware and game wise. 

Somini said:
Very expensive, just like the collector's edition that costs 250 dollars!! I think they're trying to make up some of the money they're losing by giving the game away for free in the bundles.

They had it out way before the deal.

starcraft said:

What game did you purchase that cost $155?

The Xbox One is selling better than any Xbox console in history.  

I get preferring one console over another, sure.  I just don't understand such vitriol for the rival console, it must be so stressful mate.  Let it go.

F5 L ed 80 X1 500 tax 13% =

X1 is selling less then the 8 year old PS3, awasome right.

i own both, no stress just some truth for yahh.  X1 is awefull rigth now.

DLC is a waste of cash. after a month of map pack releases on cod games I can barley find a match at 50 ms ping with people using the maps. And thats from xbox 360 and the cod titan.

Imagine xbox one titan fall install base. divide that into quarters and you will have ghost servers. I'm getting the game but FK the dlc. the game depends on multiplayer so this will be redundant.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Fusioncode said:
Wait, Respawn LIED to their fanbase? But I though Sony was the only one who lied to people...

Respawn would never lie unless EA made them.  It's all EA.  Worst company evar!