By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

chocoloco said:
Nem said:
J_Allard said:
Good, leave that company to other people and get back to Legacy of Kain please.

I'm ashamed to say i agree with this. I really want more on that franchise. I actually tweeted that to her. A return to Crystal dynamics would be dreamy. xD

Besides, even if she ends up working on Tomb Raider 2, she could aim to give middle fingers to uncharted 4. xD Rivalry between Lara and Nate. ;) The gamers win.

From what I have seen, this brah does not even play playstation so he would not know much of anything about Uncharted being a good franchise or not.

?

Who are you talking about?

If you are talking about me then will lol in your face cause you couldnt be more wrong.

Posted from my freshly aquired ps4. But could have been from my ps3 or ps vita. 

Around the Network

Great. Hopefully the dialogue won't be so cheesy now.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

I didn't particularly care for the direction Uncharted 3's story went (especially the lackluster ending), but I hope Uncharted doesn't lose its sense of adventure and humor.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Icy-Zone said:
Great. Hopefully the dialogue won't be so cheesy now.

Nate IS cheesy. Thats the personality they made for him. Are you familiar with this women's work? By all means go play soul reaver 2 before you say such things. Unchartd was the least impressive of her work until uc3.

padib said:

The thing is though Kres it's not just about story, remember she's a writer and in that sense she is in charge of the script, the dialogue. And that was my favorite part of the game, the dialogue, Drake's character appealed to me. He wasn't too bad boy but enough and funny at the same time. The game felt like a movie during the cutscenes and it was the kind of movie I liked.

Sure, there was little plot, but remember that's only part of writing. And then she was also director, so she was responsible for ultimately how the characters are portrayed to interact, how the scenes roll out.

I honestly liked her work, and I only played the first one.

Hmm, fair point.

I definitely liked that Uncharted pushed for characters that were different from the norm; but in terms of Drake I thought he was a rather flashy character who got annoying rather quickly.  At first I really liked that he'd crack jokes and comment on the ridiculous situations he found himself in but then that became pretty much his defining characteristic for 9 hours and even further into the next game.  I can stomach him but certainly in Uncharted 1 & 2 I didn't think he was a particularly great character.

Elena was better, but I still thought she was a little contrived.  Sully was the best of the bunch and I can give her props for that...

... but then both Harry & Chloe blew them all out of the water in terms of "characters I enjoyed watching on screen" and that's the Uncharted she had the least hand in.  Harry for actually giving Nate a sounding board for his jokes to go to; Chloe for being a bit more complex than the seemingly-single-layered Elena.

So, I'll be interested to see where it goes without her.  I'm certainly sad she's left, not least because she was always representative of "prominent women in gaming" whenever a list is made (and not just getting there because she's hot, Jade Raymond -_-) but I'm sure she'll be able to get a job elsewhere.

Around the Network

This sucks. Naughty Dog was my favourite Sony studio during last gen. She had a big part in it for sure. Wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

great uncharted 1-3 all felt similar story wise they all had the same routine hopefuly these guys can make the series more mature and have a realistic feeling like they did with tlou

Play Me

Imagine she goes to Nintendo to create a Nintendo uncharted like action adventure. That would be great.

awesomeabe1998 said:
Imagine she goes to Nintendo to create a Nintendo uncharted like action adventure. That would be great.

Retro Studios. 

Nem said:
chocoloco said:
Nem said:
J_Allard said:
Good, leave that company to other people and get back to Legacy of Kain please.

I'm ashamed to say i agree with this. I really want more on that franchise. I actually tweeted that to her. A return to Crystal dynamics would be dreamy. xD

Besides, even if she ends up working on Tomb Raider 2, she could aim to give middle fingers to uncharted 4. xD Rivalry between Lara and Nate. ;) The gamers win.

From what I have seen, this brah does not even play playstation so he would not know much of anything about Uncharted being a good franchise or not.

?

Who are you talking about?

If you are talking about me then will lol in your face cause you couldnt be more wrong.

Posted from my freshly aquired ps4. But could have been from my ps3 or ps vita. 

Lol, I was talking directly to you not about you. Meaning I was talking about J_Allard. lol

I do not know jack shit about your gaming habits. lol