By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

Devastated!

Uc3> uc2> uc

Around the Network

I m kinda relieved that she will be not working on UC4. UCDF UC3 was written by Amy.. But UC2 was co-written by Neil Druckmann along with Amy.. and we all know which one is the best in the series and TLoU.. so IMO amy wasn't that good of a writer compared to Neil. Now i want him to comeback to writers chair in UC4 it will b Legen... wait for it... dary

So glad she isn´t tied to this mediocre series anymore.

I hope she gets to make something new more along the lines of the Legacy of Kain series.

Preferebly at one of Sony´s firstparty studios.

It'll be interesting to see where she'll end up now. Maybe working on the next Tomb Raider? I wouldn't mind seeing her go to Retro though... IF they're allowed to work something with a bit more depth than Donkey Kong, or else she'd be a total waste there

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

that's a little sad. I do hope she does well and that the writing quality doesn't drop further with the next uncharted

Around the Network
jamesmarkus87 said:
Layoffs at Santa Monica Studios? The writer and director of the phenomenal Uncharted trilogy being "forced out" of Naughty Dog? I'm getting worried.

Co-director and co-writer. But we all know who the real power houses are at Naughty Dog.

jamesmarkus87 said:
Layoffs at Santa Monica Studios? The writer and director of the phenomenal Uncharted trilogy being "forced out" of Naughty Dog? I'm getting worried.

exactly and the fact they canceled the new ip at santa moncia, im just lucky i have an xbox one aswell 

jamesmarkus87 said:

lol and replaced by the people behind the most awarded game in all gaming history. 

i see this as a posative, UC story was weak.  Just happens Draks likability and over all game quality made up for it. 

New Legacy of Kain confirmed

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

We don't even know how far Uncharted PS4 was along, she may have actually finished the script for it.