By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I loved Extreme G. Should I get F-Zero GX?

for a lack of words, yes. Yes you should.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

Around the Network

There's no weapons but you can ram and do a spin that'll knock other racers around, damage their cars oreven send them plummeting off the course.

Works wonders once you're good at it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

F Zero GX is too hard but still very fun, GET IT! I'm not asking you, I'm telling you.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I've played both Extreme G and F-Zero GX, and I think that you should get it. It can be brutally hard though, especially if you want to unlock all of the racers/parts.

I think the feeling of speed is much better in F-Zero GX compared to Extreme G. Better game overall (though I enjoy EG as well).

Overall, nothing beats WipeOut though. Truly awesome games.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Speaking of Extreme-G, we really need a new one.

What happened to Acclaim?

F-Zero GX is gorgeous. But you'll barely notice, because the tracks scream by at a pace sure to incite neural failure.

It's hard as hell, but it's definitely a worthy game.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Yeah, I miss Acclaim games too.

Anyways. This 30 player race aspect sounds nice. But riddle me this Batman: How often will I actually be near my fellow racers? As I've played racing games before which end up almost pointless since you only see opponents for half of the first lap. And secondly, if they are always close to you, is it done legitimately? or does the game employ "Mario Kart 64" AI where your opponents suddenly get huge speed bursts if they're some distance behind you?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

To be honest, it's been quite some time since I played the game, but I do recall fighting through the pack and staying ahead to be quite a (legitimate) challenge. However, the track is perhaps the most daunting obstacle; as you've never played an F-Zero game, you may be unfamiliar with the crazy track design types and often punishing difficulty. Trust me, if you've never played a corkscrew track before, you'll be amazed.

The sensation of speed is nigh unparalleled, the frame rate is rock solid at 60fps, and the game supports widescreen, progressive scan displays. You just can't go wrong.

EDIT:  Garage mode is also a great feature; it allows you to custom-design your own vehicle. 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

^All you have to remember for story mode is kill black bull as soon as possible!

Oh, I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but if it matters to you this game has 480p and 16:9 support.