By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Transformers Age of Extinction Trailer

stabface said:
archbrix said:
Just saw this earlier and thought about making a thread myself. I'm a huge old-school TF fan and a lot of similar people dislike these movies. Me? It goes something like this:

TF 1: It definitely has its shortcomings, but I still enjoyed it. There are moments (like the base attack at the beginning) where I felt like a kid again. Despite its flaws (mostly involving the dialogue) it could have been the start to a great trilogy.

TF2: Welp, there goes all hope. Except for the effects, battles and transformations, I hated it.

TF3: Too little too late... and it really isn't very good anyway.

The fact that this new one is a reboot with a whole new cast is already a step in the right direction. I'm not the biggest Mark Walberg fan, but my boy Titus Welliver being in there makes up for that. That babe from Bates Motel can't be any worse than the bimbos from the first movies, and Grammer and Tucci are always great.

My "guilty pleasure hype meter" is now going strong.

Mark Walberg would be just fine gor this role.  He's got dat retro appeal that geeks like, isn't too serious, and is decent at physical acting.  

I always tend to prejudge him due to his Marky Mark roots, but I shouldn't since he has come a long way since then.

He looks fine so far... but the real question is, will he be able to top this guy?

Around the Network
superchunk said:
THIS

LOOKS

AWESOME

I love TF. I think all three were ok for what they were. But this one looks well above the rest.

I also don't think its a reboot. I think its the same story line, just much, much later. Likely at some point we turned against the transformers and that is why optimus chose a different form and was all blown up.

Wahlburg brings him back to life and the remaining few autobots (bumblebee) come out of hiding and fight the human creations (dinobots) and the obvious new threats already mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, "reboot" is technically the wrong term; it's just being used so much because of the whole cast being brand new - which is great. 

This is going to be stupid awesome fun!

OMG! I think I just found a transformer!

Last time I heard that line was when I was a kid and I looked under the couch.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

archbrix said:
stabface said:
archbrix said:
Just saw this earlier and thought about making a thread myself. I'm a huge old-school TF fan and a lot of similar people dislike these movies. Me? It goes something like this:

TF 1: It definitely has its shortcomings, but I still enjoyed it. There are moments (like the base attack at the beginning) where I felt like a kid again. Despite its flaws (mostly involving the dialogue) it could have been the start to a great trilogy.

TF2: Welp, there goes all hope. Except for the effects, battles and transformations, I hated it.

TF3: Too little too late... and it really isn't very good anyway.

The fact that this new one is a reboot with a whole new cast is already a step in the right direction. I'm not the biggest Mark Walberg fan, but my boy Titus Welliver being in there makes up for that. That babe from Bates Motel can't be any worse than the bimbos from the first movies, and Grammer and Tucci are always great.

My "guilty pleasure hype meter" is now going strong.

Mark Walberg would be just fine gor this role.  He's got dat retro appeal that geeks like, isn't too serious, and is decent at physical acting.  

I always tend to prejudge him due to his Marky Mark roots, but I shouldn't since he has come a long way since then.

He looks fine so far... but the real question is, will he be able to top this guy?

Uh theres no way that he'll ever top his role as marky mark.  But that's fine bc he still has a good career ahead of him.