Forums - Politics Discussion - What does Putin want with Ukraine

What is his end state

Annex Ukraine As a whole 337 40.60%

Annex Crimea 286 34.46%

Defend Russian People Fro... 184 22.17%

Total:807
PDF said:

Norris2k said:

For example, if we take a real test case : does Fox News disagree on important matters such as Obama's position about Ukraine ? I just search a little, that's the first fox news page I found. So basically this news is saying the same as you, and the same as Obama, isn't it ?

I wouldn't call Obama position on Ukraine really that important, especially when it comes to how it affects US citizens.  Which is who Fox News is reporting for.

However Fox's positions is generally very hawkish.  Many have blamed Obama for whats happened in Ukraine but not because he was behind some secret coup or something.  Which if they could find legitimate evidence they would love to exploit.  They blame Obama for being too weak of a leader on the international stage for Putin to take serious, and point to Obama empty threats on Syria as example.   

and by the way that was an opinion piece.  Not that I would be surprised its on Fox.

Sorry for the "news" being an opinion piece. Anyway, I really see hawkish position and critism about Obama like minor setting changes on a very similar realpolitik. And power switches, so on average it doesn't change that much. It's not like Obama would sue the previous governement for not following international laws, fooling the People, torturing people in Guantanamo, or think again about the Kosovo's independance. Or that americans would even ask for it.

Around the Network

Yesterdays Putin's speech regarding Crimea, in English.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

Wow! Donetsk People's Republic announced in Donetsk! Lugansk, Kharkov, - next?

And in the final of the story:

Around the Network

CIA director, Mr Brennan, visited Kiev, incognito, having several meetings with military structures. After that new Ukraine 'authorities' started an assault against small town Slavjansk, which citizens refused to obey new 'authorities'.
There are casualties from both sides.

Ukraine 'authorities' given the orders to start full army assault against rebel sities. If they will not succeed tomorrow, 15th they plan start bombing.
Just remember, when Janucovich tried to stop rioters in Kiev the West was saying that he needs to be put down. Now USA and Europe put their tongues in their asses. Oh, sorry, only Europe. USA almost achieved what they wanted to start - a big civil war in the middle of Europe, close to Russian borders and with a lot of Russian culture peolpe involved.
Congratulations to Mr Obama, he's a true peacemaker.

Sharu said:
CIA director, Mr Brennan, visited Kiev, incognito, having several meetings with military structures. After that new Ukraine 'authorities' started an assault against small town Slavjansk, which citizens refused to obey new 'authorities'.
There are casualties from both sides.

That's actually officially confirmed now.

Not surprisng if we look back at the beginning of the so called Ukrainian crisis. We need to settle down the whole Ukraine thing soon before it gets out of hand -- given how much 'defenders of Ukraine's sovereignty' (lol, as if it ever existed) there are in the OSCE -- it might go wrong way very fast. Chaos in Ukraine is not in our best interest, South-East by itself is not much of a prize, but a fake bait (thoug I appreciate patriotic rhetorics). The endpoint should be Kiev, where it has all started, not by us if I may point that out once again.

BTW note new meme, following "polite people": "(battle) raccoons" -- coined by these people, whoever they might be (sort of like protesters media channel), not sure why though.

Would have been funny if people won't die for real there, but by the looks of it first wave of Kiev's military actions have died off very fast, so it will deescalate for now.

PDF said:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/14/nr-zakaria-russia-ukraine-crisis.cnn.html

Zakaria does a good job explaining how I see things.

Can you summarize it quickly? Can't watch the video now (

Donetsk people self-defence taking a tank from Ukraine 'army'.