By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony/SSM announce God of War 4 this year, would you buy it?

Simple question really, would you buy a God of War 4 or have you had enough of the series?

For me, when they released the first HD collection of 1&2 I bought and enjoyed it. Since then I have purchased GoW3, the PSP remasters and Ascension. I for one have had enough God of War and would prefer a new IP.

Which brings me to another reason why I won’t buy another God of War. The cancellation of the new Sci-fi IP from SSM. New IP is critical to this industry, as every successful franchise we have today was once a new IP at one time.  I am hugely disappointed in that decision and I am watching very carefully the next move from Sony and SSM on their next release from that studio.

I know they have the order 1886 but that is in conjunction with Ready at Dawn. But I’m talking about SSM specifically and what they release as a studio next. I know they’re a pretty sizeable studio and rumors suggest they are working on several different projects at the moment. However, if the next game they announce/release is a main entry or spin off of God of War, I will vote with my wallet and do the same thing they have done to us gamers. Cancel my purchase Sony/SSM.

Anyone else out there disappointed with the recent news or have any thoughts on the matter? 

Around the Network

Yes. I loved Ascencion and i dont care about an IP that i know nothing about. Could be turning out crap for all i know.

No, but Ive never bought a GoW game so its not saying much.

Yup. Especially if it had mp like gow:a.

Would be a rental.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Yup. Especially if it had mp like gow:a.

Okay, MP I'll give you because that was different, but you don't find the series itself milked at all? 

Just let it die, Ascension was horrible.

Probably if it tells what happens to Kratos. However, I felt slightly burned by GoW3 so it wouldn't be a full price purchase.

Don't forget SSM had like 3-4 new IPs going. Only one was canceled.

I'd rather a new IP for now, but I still want GoW so yes.

No, but a new IP on the other hand, hell yes

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850