By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall is everything that Killzone was not... Gameplay > Graphic...

Nem said:

Or on 360...

Thats where i'll be playing it lol

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
There is only one reason a thread like this is created..

Yeah and it's mission accomplished, OP's Titan will drop in 15 seconds.

I had a good time playing Titanfall and I'm pretty stoked for it. Killzone and Uncharted are two franchises I've always wanted to try but one platform is enough in my house.

I also think that Evolve is gonna be a blast.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

yvanjean said:

Killzone release on the PS4 with its glorious next-gen graphic and polish, unfortunately it did nothing to improve the gameplay and innovate on a overused FPS formula from the Xbox360/PS3 games. It reminded gamers that have fatigue of the same COD/Battlefield formula that we actually want gameplay/experience improvement over graphical/polish. 

Titanfall might actually break the mold and deliver us with the true next-gen innovation in gameplay and refinement in what made us love FPS in the first place but more importantly gives us a fresh new take on the experience.

Microsoft is also delivering with the New XboxOne Titanfall Bundle for those gamers still on the fence.

Sure Sony could counter by offering a Infamous Second Son bundle at $399.99. But, given the choice I'd rather play Titanfall then Infamous.

I came here hoping to read a news article writtne by someone who's played a lot of KZ:SF and a lot of the TF beta and has analysed all aspects of each game and itemised the pros and cons and shwon objectively how TF has taken FPS to the next level while KZ:SF is just mnore of the same. Instead we get the opinion of someone with no credentials (not that gaming "journalists have much cred"), and in all likelihood someone whose never played a single KZ game.

This is the soprt of thread that should be locked. Opinion based on no experience.

And weird bringing up of Infamous in some out of context way. I can certainly say infamous is everything KZ and TF are not, and that's an open world, third person, action game, with awesome superpowers. Personally I can't understand how any FPS game can stack up to those features.

One of the few game reviewers I think is worth paying attention to is Yahtzee. His review of KZ:SF was pretty positive for a zero punctuation review, certainly more positive than almost any other FPS review he's done recently, except for Bioshock Infinite. Now there's a game that's everything TF isn't. Unfortunately I don't think there will be a zero punctuation TF review because Yahtzee hates multiplayer, but maybe he will review it and it would be interesting to see that review. Perhaps TF will be the one MP game that Yahtzee likes.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

First page........Killzone is the best, looks at title of thread. Ahhh jealous Playstation gamers who are not getting titanfall.

yvanjean said:

Killzone release on the PS4 with its glorious next-gen graphic and polish, unfortunately it did nothing to improve the gameplay and innovate on a overused FPS formula from the Xbox360/PS3 games. It reminded gamers that have fatigue of the same COD/Battlefield formula that we actually want gameplay/experience improvement over graphical/polish. 

Titanfall might actually break the mold and deliver us with the true next-gen innovation in gameplay and refinement in what made us love FPS in the first place but more importantly gives us a fresh new take on the experience.

Microsoft is also delivering with the New XboxOne Titanfall Bundle for those gamers still on the fence.

Sure Sony could counter by offering a Infamous Second Son bundle at $399.99. But, given the choice I'd rather play Titanfall then Infamous.

Actually Killzone 3 is the first "Next Gen" experience.  It was a first person shooter with mechs and jetpacks.  Oh, and it actually had enough players...

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
foodfather said:

An unnecessary comparison. Killzone has been about one thing only, flashy graphics. Its gameplay is about as interesting as turning a door knob.

A better comparison is to say Titanfall with deliver where CODG and BF4 failed.

So how many hours have you spent on SF? 20-30? 15-20? 10-15? 5?

I would like to know this as well.  Best Killzone MP in my opinion.  I have played it countless hours already.  Loved every minute of it...

Colltrain said:
First page........Killzone is the best, looks at title of thread. Ahhh jealous Playstation gamers who are not getting titanfall.

Really?

As someone who has played the Titanfall beta and owns a PC, I can say quite confidently that Titanfall is not a must own game.

yvanjean said:
Mythmaker1 said:
You know, Titanfall might be the very first "Next-Gen" game I buy...

...on PC.

60" TV vs 27" monitor...... Computer chair VS Lazy Boy...... I'll take the living room experience over PC gaming.

I'll take  wireless 360 controller in my livingroom on my 4K tv (with the game running AT 4K, 60fps) over "next-gen" xbox one.

Shyakugaun said:
The reactions in this thread, so defensive lol

Got a feeling that may have been part of the point of the thread mate.

Sort of fels like a "resolutiongate" type thread but the other team is playing defence.