By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Threatens to Withdraw Troops from Afghanistan

the2real4mafol said:

Here is Kabul in the 1970s before any wars kicked off. It's was still poor but a very progressive place to be. 

EDIT: Whoops,s omehow i edited your post instead of replying... my bad... not sure how that happened.

Kasz216

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

A library? 

A record store.

For help in understanding what one of these are, watch "Empire Records" a great movie with a very yummy Liv Tyler in it.

Afghans dont need our soldiers, they need public defenders and impartial judges. Their prisons are flooded with detainees!

I've actually forgotten why the U.S. troops even went there in the first place. What the hell did 9/11 have to do with Afghanistan again?

"Threatens"?

Lol it's an unpopular war. Most people don't want U.S. troops there.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
Mummelmann said:
Threatens to withdraw - should never have been there in the first place.

Agreed, America really helped start all this by backing the Mujahadeen (some of who are Taliban now) in the Afghan-Soviet war (proxy war) of the 1980's. The 2001 invasion itself has not really had any benefits. It's only destroyed more of Afghanistan and left them with a corrupt puppet (Karzai). The "war on terror" was bogus with the stuff happening there by both sides.

Anyway, there's one thing Afghanistan needs to reduce influence of the Taliban. It needs to be allowed to grow it's economy, war only hinders that.

Here is Kabul in the 1970s before any wars kicked off. It's was still poor but a very progressive place to be. 

This is the cost of war. Thanks alot to both Russia and America! 

Females wearing skirts and not being covered in a hijab? White women? English writing in a library?

That's clearly not Afghanistan.

Unless we fucked it up that bad.

ArnoldRimmer said:

I've actually forgotten why the U.S. troops even went there in the first place. What the hell did 9/11 have to do with Afghanistan again?

Afghanistan was sheltering the organization behind the attacks, fool. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well no... Thats not the case. They want to set up a military alliance to have a permanent military precense their, this is something Afghanistan also wants as the terrorist groups not only attack Western countries but cause havok and destruction to Afghan citizens as well. 

Figgycal said:
"Threatens"?

The USA certainly makes diplomatic mistakes from time to time, but I really don't think the people involved are so incompetent that they'd take this angle if the response was going to be "yeah, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Figgycal said:
"Threatens"?

The USA certainly makes diplomatic mistakes from time to time, but I really don't think the people involved are so incompetent that they'd take this angle if the response was going to be "yeah, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." 

I believe this was Obama's stance all along-- as in he ran his campaingn on the promise of exiting the wars. And the last poll I checked says that most U.S. citizens are in favor of pulling out. I wouldn't think Afghanis would oppose.