By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The truth about Nintendo

What do you think about Nintendo's attitude?

Awful, they should fail i... 189 14.04%

Pretty Bad, they should l... 385 28.60%

Not bad, they're just as anybody else 188 13.97%

Good, we need more like them 389 28.90%

Excellent, they don't need to change one bit 173 12.85%

Total:1,324

TLDR: Nintendo isn't perfect. No company that I know of is perfect.

Around the Network

"the truth" How dramatic...

No i think Nintendo simply doesnt let others set their pace. They go at their own pace, for better or worse. There are advantages and disavantages, but otherwise i am happy they are around.
I would prefer if they showed more energy towards fixing the Wii U situation though. I mean... those Xenoblade copies going around for hundreads of dollars/euros are criminal. Why doesnt Nintendo just release it digitally on the Wii U e-shop (and other difficult to find Wii games)? It would definitly move Wii U's and make quite some revenue since they could even get away with selling the games at full price compared to the hundreads.

Xenoblade, Fire emblem RD on the E-shop would be all the motivation i would need to finally get a Wii U. Not only that but they can keep releasing more stuff like Zelda and let third parties release stuff like pandora's tower and The last story or even Nights 2. Theres so many overlook Wii games that could really become an asset on this situation.

So yeah... thats the one thing i dislike about Nintendo. Its good that they go at their pace and dont go crazy like the rest, giving a clear second choice, but its annoying when they just dont react when they need to.

cannonballZ said:
1. Harming Gamers...... that is total BS, if I spend my money on a game that I like, whether it be from MS, Sony or Nintendo I don't care where the profit goes. I care about the quality of game that I am playing, I choose what games I buy because of quality and replay value.

Sure you can find graphs and project them in any manner you deem necessary to fit your agenda, I don't care for that. Sounds like you're just singling out Nintendo on a bitter rant.

"32B$, that is Nintendo’s “debt” towards gamers as of 2011. 1.2B$ is the Sony’s “debt” as of 2010 but now it must be nothing. With Microsoft, it’s the opposite: gamers have a “debt” of 6.8B$ as of 2011."

Where did you pull that from!?! Gamers have a debt? We owe nothing to ms.

Oh boy, I'm not going to read the rest of this nonsense. This is basically the authors view, not exactly "The Truth" as the titles says.

"Nintendo was also the company that has contributed the most for game exclusives. Making any title from a 1st party studio to be exclusive, demanding every 3rd party NES game to be exclusive in the 3rd gen, making many of the 5th gen multi-platform to release a “64” version and buying exclusive rights for many games like no other company has done before (maybe, and only maybe Microsoft could have done something similar)."

Just scrolling through this mess it's easy to pint out the bias in this article. We get it, Nintendo and MS = bad for gamers.

You do know Sony has a ton of exclusives too. Great ones I might add. As a gamer, I only care for games, I buy all consoles because I LOVE video games. I don't care what people think about MS, Ninty or Sony. At the end of the day, I will play any good game on any system available. Nintendo, MS and Sony have provided me with tons of hours of great gaming and I will continue to support all three as long as they make consoles and games.

Oh come now, you just don't want to hear what he is saying. This was a well-thought out OP.

Zod95 said:

Nintendo is very significant in the videogaming industry....

Thanks for this post. You put a lot of thought and effort into it, and it was an interesting read. I am a Nintendo fan (though I don't like much of what they are choosing to do lately) and this was very interesting. Thanks!

RolStoppable said:

Well, what more needs to be said?

Truth be told, not much... but now you're just going to go back into hiding. And that's not fun.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

Oh come now, you just don't want to hear what he is saying. This was a well-thought out OP.

I think I got exactly what he was saying, I ended up reading the entire thing. But he summed it up in one of his responses-

3 - That's right, gamers have the choice. And, if they become better informed, they can choose better. Then, this thread is not that useless.

No one is saying Nintendo is perfect. But they sure as hell haven't harmed me any less/more than the other companies. Most of the article is opinion, not truth. 

Maybe some people aren't happy unless Ninty drops a console that is a clone of what the other 2 companies are offering. 

I've read the entire OP... This thread claims truth, but I feel there's too many subjective things and implications within the post to make this claim...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I stopped during your sports rant at 1.2 as I think this is extremely lame. I'd rather play Mario Stryker over Fifa anyday. Simulation sports/racing games are not for everyone. Wii Sports proved that. I play games for fun.. if I want to play Basketball I'll get out and play it with friends. Sure beats learning a 12 page move list that games like NBA 2K require.

Wow, impressive that you wrote that. People are being rude by not reading it and saying its too long. I read a bit of it, and agree with most of what I read.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Its not the truth, its jsut the bad. Actually, you seems to spin every action nitendo made as a bad thing, even teh good one. I will not enganging on a other wall of text, but i should point out few things:

1. The money that microsoft and sony overspend, was not on making a game possible, but on the marketing costs. Since XBOX nintendo got surprised that while they were speding 30 mil on gc marketing, MS was spending 200mil. And, they also spend a lot on securing exclusives, a thing that assured that less people could buy some games, not more.

2. Altough nintendo really made bad things towards 3rd, was necessary to do that, because the lack of it ruined the 2nd generation. Without control on what was being out, the level of ripoff was alarming, and the amount of shovelware got very above the overall on wii. Releasing only 5 games a year, the need to recieve a seal of quality, this ensure a good output on nes. Why do you think that android gaming has so much crap/ripoff games? Because so litlle requeriments make no ensures on quality. And i bet that anyone who had a nes remember close to none shovelware on the console. Heck, even the tie in games from disney franchises we're actually good.

I will not repeat what other guys said, but i will put good articles on what nintendo made wrong(and rigth). Even as a nitenndo fan, the author really put thing as they were.

http://www.dromble.com/2014/01/07/dolphin-tale-story-of-gamecube/

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/03/25/the-sexual-history-between-nintendo-and-electronic-arts/

^A long read that worth every minute.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko