By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are Xbox One buyers REALLY paying $100 more for weaker hardware?

I'm 80% sure this is a troll post. There is no way a person would legitimately believe the plastic adds value to the console.

Around the Network

I bought both for a total of 399+60(controler)+120(2 retail games)+120+499+120+55 for a total of to much money.

One thing I know is that as of now, only game of interest is titanfall until this Friday. None have gave me more for my money except I'm playing all multi plat on ps4.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Some people just think simply " bigger is better"

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

lt_dan_27 said:
I'm 80% sure this is a troll post. There is no way a person would legitimately believe the plastic adds value to the console.

Plastic is the best part. The power of the cloud is only possible through the use of abundant plastic. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

If their only reason behind purchasing an X1 is for the X1, then yes, they're paying 100 extra for weaker hardware. If they're purchasing the X1 for the hardware, microsoft's experience etc... then no, they're not just paying for weaker hardware.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
If their only reason behind purchasing an X1 is for the X1, then yes, they're paying 100 extra for weaker hardware. If they're purchasing the X1 for the hardware, microsoft's experience etc... then no, they're not just paying for weaker hardware.

All of Microsoft's 2 generations of experience in the console business? Also, don't things all inherently make the Xbox One the Xbox One? Hardware is pretty much the console lol. Now if you were buying it for Kinect, then you are getting your money's worth. If you are buying it mostly for gaming, you really aern't. 

Edit: unless of course you like the exclusives so much that the extra $100 is no biggie. 

VitroBahllee said:
Boggles me how people think people who preferred the X1 got 'tricked' or something. I am sorry, I know what I did. I made my purchasing decision and am totally happy with it. Deal with it.

And when Amazon launches its streaming, chromecast sized dongle in a couple months and all you have to pay are subscription fees to their streaming service that provides graphics far beyond what PS4 can do, and you are differentiating on the basis of graphics quality alone, I promise not to rub your faces in it the way you seem to be unable to stop yourselves from doing to X1 owners.

People with jobs aren't entirely stymied by a $100 price difference.

What on earth made you decide to mention this now!?

VanceIX said:
mornelithe said:

All of Microsoft's 2 generations of experience in the console business? Also, don't things all inherently make the Xbox One the Xbox One? Hardware is pretty much the console lol. Now if you were buying it for Kinect, then you are getting your money's worth. If you are buying it mostly for gaming, you really aern't. 

Edit: unless of course you like the exclusives so much that the extra $100 is no biggie. 

Yeah, the 10+ years of Microsofts console experience...it has quite a few fans, you know.  o.O

As for the rest, the hardware is weaker, if the OP is comparing it to the PS4, I don't understand why this is such a problem for so many people.

mornelithe said:
VanceIX said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, the 10+ years of Microsofts console experience...it has quite a few fans, you know.  o.O

As for the rest, the hardware is weaker, if the OP is comparing it to the PS4, I don't understand why this is such a problem for so many people.

And Sony has 20+ years of experience and Nintendo has 30+ years of experience, if that's a deciding factor. Also, the post was about whether or not you are paying  more for less in terms of power, and you are. That's what the entire topic is about. 

VanceIX said:
mornelithe said:
VanceIX said:
mornelithe said:

And Sony has 20+ years of experience and Nintendo has 30+ years of experience, if that's a deciding factor. Also, the post was about whether or not you are paying  more for less in terms of power, and you are. That's what the entire topic is about. 

The question wasn't about Sony or Nintendo's experience in the industry, the question is whether people are paying more for less hardware, to which I proposed an alternate reasoning, which is the experience of Microsofts system.  You may not like it, hell, I may not like it.  But there are actually people out there who value XBL, the servers, the community, the games etc... over that of Microsoft's competitors.  Now, I can't attach a dollar figure to that, but some people may in fact be able to justify spending $100 extra for that experience.  That's all I'm saying.

And yes, all that aside, the hardware is weaker.  We've known this for a long time now, so it's not a huge revelation.  I was merely presenting a scenario where it wasn't just the power inside the machine that people are factoring into their decision to purchase the X1.