By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are Xbox One buyers REALLY paying $100 more for weaker hardware?

You should also remember in includes a nice camera and a functions as a great Skype cam. Like this, but included:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/tvcam-hd

Ann that was $200 when it came out in 2012.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Too_Talls said:
Not sure if serious or trolling -_-

I paid more for comfortability if that makes any sense. I had no choice but to go with MS. $500 may be the most expensive console but looking at other gadgets like iPhones that come out every year with nothing new and cost like $800, $500 for an xbox one is far better value than a lot of things people buy now a days.

you mp7 noob. nice gameplay anyway. you can play. but i would have jump shotted instead of drop shotting the first time as he went for the dropshot before you.. second drop was tight.

SuperMarioWorld said:
Too_Talls said:
Not sure if serious or trolling -_-

I paid more for comfortability if that makes any sense. I had no choice but to go with MS. $500 may be the most expensive console but looking at other gadgets like iPhones that come out every year with nothing new and cost like $800, $500 for an xbox one is far better value than a lot of things people buy now a days.

you mp7 noob. nice gameplay anyway. you can play. but i would have jump shotted instead of drop shotting the first time as he went for the dropshot before you.. second drop was tight.

thanks, I find jump shots more effective in black ops. but for mw3 I use it more rarley. 

Titanfall is really gonna screw me up lol.

It's similar enough that I"ll try to emulate cod play and different enough that I'll have to adapt. by November I'll have to reinvent my style.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

If Kinect 2.0 costs the same as Kinect 1.0 at launch, then you're only getting $350.00 worth of console power under the hood of Xbox One versus the PS4's $400 worth of tech under the hood.

OP makes some valid points, but personally, I dont care about any of those features, so even if all that was included at the same price as the PS4, I still wouldnt get it.
HDMI in and IR are nice, but not nice enough to make me ignore the power difference.

Dont forget PS4 includes a built in rechargeable battery so you dont have to spend ~£20 on a play and charge kit.

Around the Network
alrightiwill said:
Xbox One prioritised a different set up than PS4. It costs more because of it's Kinect and HDMI in functionality. To keep the price lower, they sacrificed a bit in APU specs. Simple as that. I'm sure XBO will pick up in sales when it's TV features become more prevalent although it'll probably become more like a set top box for it's life like how PS3 was a bluray player for the beginning of its life.

I don't see why people would want to use the X1 over the cable box. PIP is not a new fearture and has been around forever and isn't even really used anymore I haven't seen the need for PIP in a long time. Then again I watch everything through my HTPC without commercials which is the only situation in which I would use PIP is to avoid watching commercials.

I just think the X1 hoped on the "Cable box" train way to late. Cable TV is being faded out and a lot of the younger generation espicially is moving away from that.

that's kinda what irks me about every idiotic fanboy that is singing the same song about the whole paying $100 for weaker system. you are paying $100 for more hardware. is it that hard to comprehend. waa waa so you dont want it get over it.

fps_d0minat0r said:
OP makes some valid points, but personally, I dont care about any of those features, so even if all that was included at the same price as the PS4, I still wouldnt get it.
HDMI in and IR are nice, but not nice enough to make me ignore the power difference.

Dont forget PS4 includes a built in rechargeable battery so you dont have to spend ~£20 on a play and charge kit.

So what I gather from this post is that Sony doesn't even give us two AA batteries. Those cheap bastards.

No, I payed an extra 100 for the Xbox One because that's were my friends are at and I'm already established on Xbox Live. If those two things were gone then I would've chosen PS4 over X1.

d21lewis said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

So what I gather from this post is that Sony doesn't even give us two AA batteries. Those cheap bastards.

lol