By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are Xbox One buyers REALLY paying $100 more for weaker hardware?

d21lewis said:
While this thread was partly joking and partly serious, the point of it is that the Xbox One costs $500 because of all the crap M$ packed into the box and not because they're charging more for less power. If the crap in the box doesn't appeal to you, that's fine.

On a different note, a tree fell on my home about a week ago because of a horrible storm. I just got the insurance check today and my contractor says it's more than enough to cover the repairs. Add that to the bonus I get every year in March and I think I'm gonna buy an Xbox One tomorrow. Then I'll once again own every console on the market! Is that Titanfall bundle/Price thingy going to be in the USA, too?

Man, you're a real ninja. One!

Around the Network

"Are Xbox One buyers REALLY paying $100 more for weaker hardware?"

Of course they are.

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

I find value in it. People say the Kinect is useless how about they think of ALL the things it can do. The Xbox doesn't need Kinect specific games it already has voice commands in every game. Like bf4 I could just say" need ammo" and and it'll transfer into the game without having to use extra buttons and get shot. I could play do something really cool and all I have to say is Xbox record that to save and share.

And the snap Feature which is so far my favorite thing about xbox one. I can do Netflix, twitch, internet and so much while playing. I love the value in that box hands down.

hmm, interesting. Well to be honest, despite the weaker hardware, the X1 looks like a better value purchase than the ps4. But it all depends on if you want the Kinect.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Is it really that hard to type "imo" before you state an opinionated claim

Also if Microsoft could secure Flappy Birds 2 as an exclusive to XB1 it would outsell smartphones at 800 dollars.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Also if Microsoft could secure Flappy Birds 2 as an exclusive to XB1 it would outsell smartphones at 800 dollars.

Yes, it's damn near impossible.  If I type something that's my opinion you're just going to have to be able to figure it out.

d21lewis said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Yes, it's damn near impossible.  If I type something that's my opinion you're just going to have to be able to figure it out.

Lolol

AZWification said:
kirby007 said:
Sony fans disagree with OP
MS fans agree with OP
nintendo fans don't care for OP
Sega fans hate the new sonic
people with sense laugh at all of the above

So, PC gamers are laughing at all those peasants.

and I laugh at my PC gamer friends playing behind their 20"-30" screen looking like nerds all alone by themselves or even worst during LAN parties like when I was 15 y.o.

while I have big gaming nights with a lot of peeps in my living room that don't need 20 minutes to get use to the commands to play a game in a nice and confortable, social setting with enough graphic quality on my excellent Home theatre setting pleasing anybody from 7 to 70 years old guys or gals alike....

yeap I'd rather not be a true gamer any day....

endimion said:
AZWification said:
kirby007 said:
Sony fans disagree with OP
MS fans agree with OP
nintendo fans don't care for OP
Sega fans hate the new sonic
people with sense laugh at all of the above

So, PC gamers are laughing at all those peasants.

and I laugh at my PC gamer friends playing behind their 20"-30" screen looking like nerds all alone by themselves or even worst during LAN parties like when I was 15 y.o.

while I have big gaming nights with a lot of peeps in my living room that don't need 20 minutes to get use to the commands to play a game in a nice and confortable, social setting with enough graphic quality on my excellent Home theatre setting pleasing anybody from 7 to 70 years old guys or gals alike....

yeap I'd rather not be a true gamer any day....

The epicness of that post made me shed a single tear

+1

/thread

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Surely Xbox One only costs more because of Kinect

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018