By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunters 3 Ultimate online/single player questions

So, I have a few questions about the game. I have seen a lot of people recomend the games and really liked the game. I download the demo today and really enjoyed fighting the 1st monster but not so much the dragon monster. I may buy the game but I'm not totaly sure about it yet.

1) Will I be able to play this game single player throught out the whole game? Or will I hit a point where it'll become to hard? Since I doubt I will have anyone to play the game with.(Note this is my 1st Monster hunters and haven't really played a game like it in a long time)

2) What exactly is online multiplayer like? Is it like single player but they insert other people into the game?

3) Is online still active?

4) This is kind of strange question but will I face more monster like the one that look kind of like a rabbit/hamster in the demo or the one that was a dragon?

I probably forgot a couple so I'll add a few more if I can think of any.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

1) yes and no. Plenty of people manage to go it alone, it just takes a bit more dedication and grinding (so much more grinding). A good team of four online hunters can harvest monsters with much greater efficiency, so there is a point at which having online access becomes a real blessing.

2) Basically. You pick your quest and go on it, you just have up to three other folks running around with you. HP for online monsters is scaled based on the number of people in your party (so you can also go to the "Port" even if you're not online, and farm "Port" quests, and it won't be like you're trying to kill a monster meant for 4x as many people), but the scaling is such that 4 people are still better than one even if the monster has that much more HP.

3) Yes. The game is only 11 months old after all (feels like longer to me, but my life's changed a LOT since i started playing MH3U...)

4) More like the dragon. There are only 3 monsters really like Lagombi: Arzuros and one whose name i can't remember that acts like an armadillo. Rathian (i presume that's who you mean?) has two subspecies, and her brother Rathalos also has two. More monsters are like them in size and power and general ferocity, with a few that are even bigger, Deviljho or Alatreon, or larger still: Dire Miralis, Jhen Mohran, and Ceadeus/Goldbeard Ceadeus (and Hallowed Jhen Mohran)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i guaranty you will spent atleast 300+ hours of gameplay.It's really very enjoyable and addictive specially hunting and chating with other players online

Mr Khan said:
1) yes and no. Plenty of people manage to go it alone, it just takes a bit more dedication and grinding (so much more grinding). A good team of four online hunters can harvest monsters with much greater efficiency, so there is a point at which having online access becomes a real blessing.

2) Basically. You pick your quest and go on it, you just have up to three other folks running around with you. HP for online monsters is scaled based on the number of people in your party (so you can also go to the "Port" even if you're not online, and farm "Port" quests, and it won't be like you're trying to kill a monster meant for 4x as many people), but the scaling is such that 4 people are still better than one even if the monster has that much more HP.

3) Yes. The game is only 11 months old after all (feels like longer to me, but my life's changed a LOT since i started playing MH3U...)

4) More like the dragon. There are only 3 monsters really like Lagombi: Arzuros and one whose name i can't remember that acts like an armadillo. Rathian (i presume that's who you mean?) has two subspecies, and her brother Rathalos also has two. More monsters are like them in size and power and general ferocity, with a few that are even bigger, Deviljho or Alatreon, or larger still: Dire Miralis, Jhen Mohran, and Ceadeus/Goldbeard Ceadeus (and Hallowed Jhen Mohran)

thanks, this really clears up a lot for me.

I've thought of 4 more questions

1) I noticed in the demo they gave me a lot of potions for health, are they really easy to get and abondent throughout the game(I used quite a bit during the dragon battle)?

2) When you die, do you always go back to the beginning and is there a limit on times you can die. How about online, how does dieing work in that?

3) when you die, does the damage you already did to the monster stay with it or do you have to start all over again.(appear to me it stayed with it but I was not sure).

4) I really wasn't a fan of under water battles, Do they show up a lot in the game? I think I would enjoy it more with other people though.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

cycycychris said:

1) I noticed in the demo they gave me a lot of potions for health, are they really easy to get and abondent throughout the game(I used quite a bit during the dragon battle)?

2) When you die, do you always go back to the beginning and is there a limit on times you can die. How about online, how does dieing work in that?

3) when you die, does the damage you already did to the monster stay with it or do you have to start all over again.(appear to me it stayed with it but I was not sure).

4) I really wasn't a fan of under water battles, Do they show up a lot in the game? I think I would enjoy it more with other people though.

1) Easier to get in the Port than in the village, at least initially. Eventually they let you buy them, but at first you have to mill them from herbs and Blue Mushrooms. 10 is not enough later on, but you can also make Mega Potions and so be carrying 20 healing items at a time.

2) Strict limit of 3 per quest, which is the only bad side to playing online: if there's some major attack that wipes out three of the four players at once? Game over.

3) No, no reset. It all keeps going.

4) Ludroth, Gobul, Lagiacrus, Plesioth are fought mostly underwater, with some land in the mix. Ceadeus is fought entirely underwater and is the "final" boss of the village (though not really).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
cycycychris said:

1) Easier to get in the Port than in the village, at least initially. Eventually they let you buy them, but at first you have to mill them from herbs and Blue Mushrooms. 10 is not enough later on, but you can also make Mega Potions and so be carrying 20 healing items at a time.

2) Strict limit of 3 per quest, which is the only bad side to playing online: if there's some major attack that wipes out three of the four players at once? Game over.

3) No, no reset. It all keeps going.

4) Ludroth, Gobul, Lagiacrus, Plesioth are fought mostly underwater, with some land in the mix. Ceadeus is fought entirely underwater and is the "final" boss of the village (though not really).

Thank you Mr. Khan, that clears up all the question I have. I think I'll probably get this game now. I think I can probably handle it and the online sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.