By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do people still play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Tagged games:

So I've just ordered the game, it should be here Thursday if I'm lucky, which is great news because it's my day off!

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
So I've just ordered the game, it should be here Thursday if I'm lucky, which is great news because it's my day off!

Wii U version? Always have a lot of people playing it online. Don't worry

Click HERE and be happy 

Bristow9091 said:
snyps said:
i heard it is region locked.. is that still true? I just started playing but haven't gone online becaue i'm a noob. Great game though challenging.

Just did a quick google search and found this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-28-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-region-locking-to-be-lifted-in-april-patch

It WAS locked, but thankfully due to fan outrage they removed the region lock back in April last year, so EU and US can play together... thank the lord! Although 3DS still can't go online multiplayer whatsoever, but meh...

Huh, good on them!

Yeah, still lots of people.

I still play, though on 3DS (offline), not Wii U.

Around the Network

I still play mine. And a couple of friends still play it on the 3ds.

I just bought it. We should play together some time.

Maxxy said:
I just bought it. We should play together some time.

Well my copy will be here when I wake up, actually in about 3-4 hours since it's 5am now and the post usually comes between 8-9am here lol, so I'll more than likely be playing it tomorrow... but yeah, throw me an add and we can play sometime!

So I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online for the last few hours... the most fun I've had in a while! :D

I had some dude help me with the three initial arena quests (I assume initial... I want more enemies in there!), that was hard yet really fun... and some of the weapons I got to use were really great, the Chainslaughter is amazing, and I'm working my way to it... got to make the Iron Gospel first, but I haven't got all the materials yet, should have it tomorrow hopefully though.

Then I've had these three yankee doodles helping me with some hunting quests, only one star since that's all I can do, but it was fun regardless, one of them was very helpful, giving me the items I'd need and giving me tips, such as remember to always try and cut the tail off of Wyverns and Dragons and whatever else has them, since you can gather materials from them... overall it was just REALLY fun! Two of them added me to Nintendo Network so we can play again sometime, but they both had to come off since they're working early (I've got the next two days off if anyone here wants to play with me!)

... It was pretty funny talking to them too, since I have a strong Yorkshire accent (Anyone in the UK will know what I mean!), and they kept asking me to repeat myself, lol :P I had my brother talking with them too as I played, just general chit chat, but he speaks more clearly when on a mic (Or any phone in general... or talking to anyone that isn't from around here actually)

tl;dr this game is very active online and is INSANELY fun to play!