By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Totally unbiased DKC: Tropical Freeze review

Awesome review! I wish I wasn't at the Kidd Rock concert so I could be playing it. My wife loves it though!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Such an in-depth review.

It surprised me, too. I wasn't hyped for the game at all. I just grabbed it because Wii U. What else am I supposed to buy? I have to say the background graphics disappointed with their lack of detail but aside from that, it's a top quality title. If I had to rely on one game to last me for months (a boat a lot of Wii U owners may be in right now) this game seems more than up to the task. Waaaaay more inspired than any NSMB title I've ever played, that's for sure!

Does this mean the Wii U is undoomed?

Two words for it (it's a good thing really)

FUCKING HARD!!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
osed125 said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

If someone released an 720p HD Pong would you claim it had the best gameplay ever? I get the feeling you would....

I played ping pong with my friends once, the graphics were amazing but the gameplay was subpar.

Yeah you got nothing to say, awesome!

Neither did you. You brought up pong for some reason. This guy is a king when it comes to side scrolling plateforming. We can trust his judgement. No need to be rude. Just skip over the thread.

Plateforming is right!

Best 2D sidescroller/platformer ever, yeah right no.

Pros: Great soundtrack and pretty graphics in general. Decent progression/fun if you just focus on completing stages (although first wold level/boss are too easy/boring).

Cons: A great many things, like excessive loading, co-op without being designed for co-op, hidden areas that repeat the same challenge over and over between worlds, many of the "collection" objectives are simply not fun. Levels too long so if you miss anything, going back to get that one thing can be a tedious chore.

Final score 7+/10

d21lewis said:
It surprised me, too. I wasn't hyped for the game at all. I just grabbed it because Wii U. What else am I supposed to buy? I have to say the background graphics disappointed with their lack of detail but aside from that, it's a top quality title. If I had to rely on one game to last me for months (a boat a lot of Wii U owners may be in right now) this game seems more than up to the task. Waaaaay more inspired than any NSMB title I've ever played, that's for sure!

Rayman Legends > New Super Mario Bros U / Super Luigi U

FinalFantasyXIII said:
spurgeonryan said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
osed125 said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

If someone released an 720p HD Pong would you claim it had the best gameplay ever? I get the feeling you would....

I played ping pong with my friends once, the graphics were amazing but the gameplay was subpar.

Yeah you got nothing to say, awesome!

Neither did you. You brought up pong for some reason. This guy is a king when it comes to side scrolling plateforming. We can trust his judgement. No need to be rude. Just skip over the thread.

Plateforming is right!

Best 2D sidescroller/platformer ever, yeah right no.

A game I assume you have played extensively in order to judge.

osed125 said:

Pros:

- This is the best 2D platformer ever created

Cons:

- Gamespot review

Veredict: 15/10

Please tell us what you loved about it.

I am getting it anyway, but my impression from watching "let's plays" isn't very inspiring.  I guess you have to play it to know it.

My 8th gen collection