By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - it´s Home really going to take of?...

I don't understand the hype behind it, I just want to play te games not go in a space pretending as if Im in an actual world

We have RPG's for that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

release date? any rumours?

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

darthdevidem01 said:
I don't understand the hype behind it, I just want to play te games not go in a space pretending as if Im in an actual world

We have RPG's for that

yeah i think the same. but it will still be a good +, i'd prob get bored of it within a month, im bad for that type of stuff.

Bad attention spand anything added into a system is a +

It won't sell systems but It will please PS3 owners.

I don't think it's good to just look at home itself, but rather everything else that home will be offering to the network. Somebody mentioned those things earlier, but I myself am more interested in the network additions that will help bring it closer to Xbox Live than I am about dressing up some virtual guy and listening to some 12 year old kids speaking in slang out in the lobby.

But as a neat little thing to do every once in a while, walking around in home to play indie arcade games and little mini-games would be like me going to newgrounds.com every once in a while to check out the next top rated flash game. 

Around the Network

Yeah, not a system seller (on the same not neither is XBL) but something that will please PS3 owners.

I think it may cater to a fair share of PS3 owners, but it will not move hardware nor will it "take off" compared to things like WoW I think.

second life is big, so i dont kno why this wouldnt take off.....but i dont see it as being a machine selling feature

I think it could help with general appeal.

If I see posts every once in a while about somebody who bought the 360 version of a game because of achievements and Live, I would think that Home and it's network features could help tip that balance back to the PS3 a little bit.

---

I don't get what's up with the Second Life comments either. It's like people will attack the clothes and apartment aspects of Home just to bring it down. Sure, I thought that doing that was interesting when they first showed it, but then I saw the trophy room, theater, the ability to party up with people and join games, a general way to meet up with users (I'm thinking a clan for example), and other stuff like that which is really what's making my mouth water and my excitement run with a 'Hurry the hell up already!' ....and a 'Finally.......'

I agree that it probably won't move a single console, but will probably become pretty popular with existing PS3 owners. It's the kind of service/program/game/whatever that some people get completely hooked on, and receives a complete meh from others.

Not sure if console owners spending lots of time with free content, rather than paying for games, is what Sony wants, but they probably intend to make money with it somehow. It's supposed to be free, right?