By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

Normchacho said:
Any news on numbers yet or is it still too early for that?

It's 12:10 in the afternoon over there. Way too early for new numbers!

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Normchacho said:
Any news on numbers yet or is it still too early for that?

It's 12:10 in the afternoon over there. Way too early for new numbers!

haha oooh ok

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

To remove the ? from my number I'll be more specific.

346k on launch day. 503k for first week.

Edit: too late lol . 

Seems like JP folks are able to walk right in and buy a console, no preorder needed. Either the shipment is high or demand is low. If the rumored 350K shipment is true, that doesn't bode too well IMHO.

NewGuy said:
Seems like JP folks are able to walk right in and buy a console, no preorder needed. Either the shipment is high or demand is low. If the rumored 350K shipment is true, that doesn't bode too well IMHO.

I understand your sentiment but the same was true of NA and EU launches. Sony made sure to have extra consoles available for Day 1 purchase in store without pre-order. But I'm guessing purchase will be easier in japan as you've pointed out :)

Around the Network
NewGuy said:

That's similar to how it was in th US. Places should take all day and some of tomorrow to sell out.

I'd take this as a sign of high volume, not low demand.

alrightiwill said:
NewGuy said:

I understand your sentiment but the same was true of NA and EU launches. Sony made sure to have extra consoles available for Day 1 purchase in store without pre-order. But I'm guessing purchase will be easier in japan as you've pointed out :)

Were people really able to walk to the store and buy a console at that time? I couldn't check due to some personal reasons....

JoeTheBro said:
NewGuy said:

That's similar to how it was in th US. Places should take all day and some of tomorrow to sell out.

What about the rumored 350k shipment? That's not that high a volume/shipment IMO. 

NewGuy said:

alrightiwill said:
NewGuy said:

Were people really able to walk to the store and buy a console at that time? I couldn't check due to some personal reasons....

Well I don't really know about the specifics or even anecdotal nature but Sony were meant to have a lot of Day 1 purchase availibilty fpr the people queueing which if extrapolated could be the same coincidence in Japan. Although don't take my word for fact as I can't find the exact article relating to this claim :S Do until I have a source on this, it is hearsay :)

NewGuy said:
JoeTheBro said:
NewGuy said:

What about the rumored 350k shipment? That's not that high a volume/shipment IMO. 

How big to you think the market is?!? If Japan has allocation situations similar to the ones for the western launches, it'd only do about 100k. Most of the predictions in this thread are crazy high. PS3 did 87k. I've only predicted 150k for the opening week.

JoeTheBro said:
NewGuy said:
JoeTheBro said:
NewGuy said:

How big to you think the market is?!? If Japan has allocation situations similar to the ones for the western launches, it'd only do about 100k. Most of the predictions in this thread are crazy high. PS3 did 87k. I've only predicted 150k for the opening week.

I said 200K, but remember vita and wiiu did 300K+ and 3DS did close to 500K IIRC.