By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If You Want The FFXIII Demo, Start Saving for Last Remnant

a quick thought, I though SquareEnix where second party developers for Sony, now they are releasing all these games for Nintendo and Microsoft. What changed, especially when there is a thread about the PS3 hitting 10 million sold before the 360 did so it isn't like the PS3 is bombing or anything and Insomniac has proven you don't need huge teams and tons of money to make good to great (depending on who you ask) games for the PS3.

Around the Network
DragonLord said:
kingofwale said:
DragonLord said:
PS3 Last Remnant = FFXIII Demo
360 Last Remnant = Infinite Undiscovery Demo

I don't think a DVD disc can fit that much. ;)

Go with what LO did, put 4 DVDs in there. lol 

Lol...good point.  I didn't think about disc size.  Most demo's are running over 1 GB now--kinda hard to cram on an already overcrammed dvd.

Lost Odyssey IS a great game, but the packaging MS chose sucks!  The discs aren't even separated from each other, they are just PILED on top of one another.  What a cheap way to package it...at least Blue Dragon (which I didn't like)  had a separate holder for each disc instead of just stacking them.

could just have two discs.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

cwbys21 said:
a quick thought, I though SquareEnix where second party developers for Sony, now they are releasing all these games for Nintendo and Microsoft. What changed, especially when there is a thread about the PS3 hitting 10 million sold before the 360 did so it isn't like the PS3 is bombing or anything and Insomniac has proven you don't need huge teams and tons of money to make good to great (depending on who you ask) games for the PS3.

Square has never been 2nd party, always third.  They delevoped for Nintendo on the NES and SNES, and switched to PS and PS2, but they released FFVII for the PC, and FFXI for the PC, PS2 and XBOC 360.  They also support the GBA and the DS, and made one Gamecube game: FF: CC.

Crackdown anyone?

ssj12 said:
DragonLord said:
kingofwale said:
DragonLord said:
PS3 Last Remnant = FFXIII Demo
360 Last Remnant = Infinite Undiscovery Demo

I don't think a DVD disc can fit that much. ;)

Go with what LO did, put 4 DVDs in there. lol

Lol...good point. I didn't think about disc size. Most demo's are running over 1 GB now--kinda hard to cram on an already overcrammed dvd.

Lost Odyssey IS a great game, but the packaging MS chose sucks! The discs aren't even separated from each other, they are just PILED on top of one another. What a cheap way to package it...at least Blue Dragon (which I didn't like) had a separate holder for each disc instead of just stacking them.

could just have two discs.

Exactly, it could just use 2 DVDs, one with the demo on it. I remember when I bought the PS2 DQV re-make, it came with a bonus disc of promotional stuff/videos/etc. about DQVIII, which was released later.

As for Lost Odyssey, I'm not sure why they did that for the US release??? I bought the Japanese version of LO and it just came with a slightly fatter case to house all 4 DVDs...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I heard that there were only 4 discs to make people reminisce of all the old RPGs, on PS1

playnext3 said:

Just recently, Square Enix star, Tetsuya Nomura, told the press a Final Fantasy XIII demo is on the way, sometime this year, but what exactly was meant by this has been left up in the air. A demo for Expos? A PSN release? Square Union dives into the mind of Square Enix and unearths what the gaming giant is more than likely going to do with the demo. The answer lies with Square Enix's history, and that's where a tie in with multi-platform Square Enix title - The Last Remnant - comes into play.

http://www.squareunion.com/site.php?p=News&c=If+You+Want+The+FFXIII+Demo+Start+Saving+For+Last+Remnant&id=109

Square Enix have just killed 360 sales of this game.

You just killed a lot of credibility here. Demos don't help sales that much*, but they sure don't HURT sales of those without, especially since you are forgetting there needs to be a system ownership overlap, which you have NOT proven.

In other words, your sceneario (a demo in one, but not the other) would only apply to owners of BOTH the PS3 and 360. Those with just the 360 wouldn't avoid this game just because it didn't have the demo. They would avoid it if they were not going to buy it IN THE FIRST PLACE.

* Have you actually looked at the sales of games with a demo packed in? They're respectable, but not hits. And no, DQVIII doesn't count, since it only had the demo in North America, and ony sold about 500k there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Riot Of The Blood said:
A demo can't make me buy a mediocre game. I have lost all faith in Square's ability to make great RPG's. Kingdom Hearts 1&2 are horrible. The last Final Fantasy was horrible. I think I'll stick with ToV and White Knight Story.

What he said. Seriously The Last Remnant looks awful. I've begun limiting the purchases I make from Square Enix to only those games that they don't actually develop themselves (Dragon Quest, Star Ocean).  I'd trade FFXIII to 360 owners for Infinite Undiscovery on PS3 in an instant.  

Also, Epic, get your Unreal Engine crap out of my JPRGs. Thanks.

bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
playnext3 said:

Just recently, Square Enix star, Tetsuya Nomura, told the press a Final Fantasy XIII demo is on the way, sometime this year, but what exactly was meant by this has been left up in the air. A demo for Expos? A PSN release? Square Union dives into the mind of Square Enix and unearths what the gaming giant is more than likely going to do with the demo. The answer lies with Square Enix's history, and that's where a tie in with multi-platform Square Enix title - The Last Remnant - comes into play.

http://www.squareunion.com/site.php?p=News&c=If+You+Want+The+FFXIII+Demo+Start+Saving+For+Last+Remnant&id=109

Square Enix have just killed 360 sales of this game.

The White Engine is a multiplatform engine. They should put the demo on 360 as well... just to sell more PS3s.

That would just make people wait for an extremly likely 360 version of FF13.....

i highly doubt this will come to 360 if it does it will be far far off, if blu dragon was 3 dvd`s and lost oddysee is 4 dvd`s i wonder how much final fantasy will be?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

common 360 funs you have already gears 2 for you,let us ffiix