By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Review

double post

Around the Network
Badonkadonkhr said:
how could i not know how to play? It tells you before you do

Yeah, but it doesn't tell you everything.  In baseball depending on what buttons you press while pitching you do a different.  In Tennis, how you swing your remote or when you swing your remote (super serve!) can totally affect the game and they tell you nothing about this in the rules if I remember correctly.  That part is all about getting the basics and discovering the rest through play.

As for the power of the tennis swing issue, it's not about power, it's about finesse. 

-edit-

And before you think I'm a biased fanboy, I totally respect your opinion of not liking game, in fact, I couldn't care less if you liked the game or not.  What bothers me is that you played the game for five minutes and then write a review like you think you know everything about the game. 

Wait, what's a different type of court you could play tennis on? Because a tennis court is a tennis court as far as I know. And there seems to be a second one, which I never knew about.

And on the same note, there's only one bowling lane... very boring and unoriginal.

I think Badonkadon wants a triangular tennis court or something... to spice it up.

Actually that would be quite cool... a 1vs1vs1 match with a court shaped like a Mercedes badge (circular and split into three)

--"And there seems to be a second one, which I never knew about."
Yes if you press a button while the screen is black (after selecting Miis... before selecting who plays where) you can play a normal game of tennis but on the court that the practice games are on, which is blue and has no stands.

similar things are possible in the other games... (all while the screen is black after selecting Miis)
In Bowling pressing different directions on the + pad gives you a different coloured ball.
In Golf one of the buttons turns off all the guides (wind/power meter etc)
In Boxing if you have beaten Matt you can press a button to use silver boxing gloves.
I can't remember what happens in baseball.

tennis is about timing, not strength

hit it forehand early, and it'll go left; vice-versa for late

and when not playing with friends, the best time to be had is in the training

bowling: try to knock down 90+ pins at a time, pick up ever-harder spares, spin the ball around barricades

tennis: try to hit targets on a wall, try to hit it into a moving net, try to just keep it on the court

boxing: knock off punching bags, hit the trainer's hands, dodge balls thrown at you

etc etc

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

sounds like your rating it down cos they have no arms? WTF?

Badonkadonkhr said:

I got to play wii sports yesterday. And here is my review.

Tennis -  Only One court ,  no one on one , you can't move your character , how hard you swing has nothing to do with what happens. :(

Bowling - My least favorite , extremely boring , No replayability , not even with friends:(

Golf - 9 holes? One course? No arms ? Well that is every game. Playing the same 9 holes over and over .... Yikes

Boxing - Nunchuck required , no uppercuts , can't move players head

Baseball - 3 innings, no bunts , there should be more

The whole game feels very limited , also extremely overrated. No replayability. it doesn't seem there was any effort to make this game fun. 5 games that aren't good and horrible graphics. You also have to go out and buy a remote and nunchuck separately. Since its free , I'll put the score up a point , though.

Overall - 5/10

Tennis:  two courts, not one.

Boxing:  There are uppercuts, hooks, and yes you can weave back and forth (move your head)

fixed

Nice to hear people saying they gone back to play it many times but it hasn't been the case for my friends and I. I wouldn't buy it if it was available seperate but as a pack-in it works great.

The punch bag training is the most tiring game I have ever played... at least against an opponent you can rest by just weaving a bit, but the punchbag is just 1 minute of solid punching.

I find the Boxing to be the one that gets the most out of you.
I was really disapointed w. the tennis. If you use proper technique you SUCK!! :(
Bowling : it is soo hard to actually bowl the frikkin bal and the directions get really annoying
Golf is okayy...
but yah, it does gett tring after the same holes....

^ this was my analysis of the game
and as another person mentioned: the game is funner around friends and that changes everything...