By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS4 Beta 2 Live (Small UI Fixed)

Tagged games:

Ok I tired it and it indeed transfers your character from ps3 to ps4. And I must say wow what a diff, the fps alone is worth it

Around the Network

pezus said:

You sure? Well, at least it had plenty of drops

From what I played, yeap... the Beta 1 in dungeons where you can have only 4 players was 60fps all the time... now in the world with a lot of players the things dropped to 35-40fps.

Beta 2 have better framerate too... the drops are less constants.

I played some time in 720p too... the framerate seems to be the same... the drops too.

Does anyone know if you install the newest beta for ps4, will you have to re-download the entire game for it's release? Or will you just need to download a patch to update it?

Internet is still fairly expensive in Australia and I'm not sure I want to try the beta if I only have to redownload the game later.

Also, it states on the PSN store that you if you preorder before the 9th of April (actually I don't know what the exact date is), you can get early access to the game (I assume a couple days prior to release) but there is no option to pre-order the game on the PSN Store. So what does that mean?

cura said:
Does anyone know if you install the newest beta for ps4, will you have to re-download the entire game for it's release? Or will you just need to download a patch to update it?

Internet is still fairly expensive in Australia and I'm not sure I want to try the beta if I only have to redownload the game later.

Also, it states on the PSN store that you if you preorder before the 9th of April (actually I don't know what the exact date is), you can get early access to the game (I assume a couple days prior to release) but there is no option to pre-order the game on the PSN Store. So what does that mean?

You need download the new Beta.

I trying to open the Beta 1 and give me error... so I needed to delete the Beta 1 and download/install the Beta 2 to work... 12GB... after that it will download ~1GB before the game starts.

About the preorder I think it will be opened soon... I don't know.

cura said:

Beta 2 will transition into full release with a small patch.