By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First day with Wii U impressions (Sony fan perspective)

novasonic said:
Donno if anyone mentioned this, but unless you're playing a game with Wiimotes, the sensor bar doesn't need to be hooked up. It will make moving it around a lot easier.

Yeah I know, I just mentioned it so people would know that there is still a motion sensor. It depends on how much I use a Wiimote if I will bring it back and forth (I do not even own a Wiimote now)

Around the Network

So what games are you looking to get next? Pikmin 3? Sonic Lost World? DKC: Tropical Freeze? Wonderful 101?

I enjoyed reading the op and I can't really disagree with anything. Grab a pro controller when you can.

Einsam_Delphin said:
So what games are you looking to get next? Pikmin 3? Sonic Lost World? DKC: Tropical Freeze? Wonderful 101?

Pikmin 3 or Monster Hunter probably lol

d21lewis said:
I enjoyed reading the op and I can't really disagree with anything. Grab a pro controller when you can.

Huh? I thought the Deluxe set (the only set available now) came with one in the box.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
d21lewis said:

Huh? I thought the Deluxe set (the only set available now) came with one in the box.

Nope just the Wii U gamepad (touchscreen controller)

I got this

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-wii-u-limited-edition-bundle/111373

Great summary mate, nice to see you are also liking the gamepad..its one of those devices you dont truly get until you actually experience it. Although Wii U gets a lot of hate, it is very well received by those that have actually used one. If it gets good word of mouth, and positive feedback from Sony fans like yourself, who have purchased as a secondry console then hopefully the perception on Wii U will change in time. It does have a super library of games.

rolltide101x said:
Acevil said:
I love both my Wii U and PS4, I have a tough choice putting PS4 over just yet, it has a lot of potential but yet lacks the punch to put it over.

Given I am PC guy as well, which does make the PS4 look less valuable. However Sony First Party should fill in that gap like Nintendo does.

The Wii U not being able to play multi-plat games as good as my PS4 (and not getting as many multi-plats) is why I hold my PS4 over it. Also honestly I would take Sony IPs vs Nintendo IPs. I prefer the interface and speed of the PS4 and the DS4 is better for most games I play.

I own both as well but the thing that blows my mind the most abotu Wii-U is Miiverse. It's basically like an interactive online community. It creates this vibe where you feel, even playing alone, that you're never truely alone. There is always someone on, always someone to talk,interact and share things with. Even when you're playing a game, there is interactivity going on. It really feels fresh and "next gen".

There's nothing on PS4 or Xbone that even comes close imo. It's the Wii-U's ace in the hole.

Wait, what?

A story of a fan enjoying a competing company's products?

This can't be. Video game fans aren't supposed to enjoy any products made outside of their favorite company.

In all seriousness, glad you enjoyed it. Going multi-plat was great for me, and it's great that more people are opening up to it.

prayformojo said:
rolltide101x said:
Acevil said:
I love both my Wii U and PS4, I have a tough choice putting PS4 over just yet, it has a lot of potential but yet lacks the punch to put it over.

Given I am PC guy as well, which does make the PS4 look less valuable. However Sony First Party should fill in that gap like Nintendo does.

The Wii U not being able to play multi-plat games as good as my PS4 (and not getting as many multi-plats) is why I hold my PS4 over it. Also honestly I would take Sony IPs vs Nintendo IPs. I prefer the interface and speed of the PS4 and the DS4 is better for most games I play.

I own both as well but the thing that blows my mind the most abotu Wii-U is Miiverse. It's basically like an interactive online community. It creates this vibe where you feel, even playing alone, that you're never truely alone. There is always someone on, always someone to talk,interact and share things with. Even when you're playing a game, there is interactivity going on. It really feels fresh and "next gen".

There's nothing on PS4 or Xbone that even comes close imo. It's the Wii-U's ace in the hole.

I am going to have to look into Miiverse soon. Its gets a ton of praise and I want to see what it is about