By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor GT7 to use VR head set

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/17/new-information-on-ps4-vr-driveclub-grat-turismo-7-and-more-provided-by-insider/

New Information on Driveclub, Gran Turismo 7, PS4 Virtual Reality Headset and More Provided by Insider

by Giuseppe Nelva (3 hours ago) 12 

Industry insider Ahsan Rasheed, also known as Thuway, provided a few tidbits of info on the the upcoming PS4 exclusive Driveclub, on Gran Turismo 7, on the rumored PS4 Virtual Reality headset by Sony and on the already rumored resolution of Thief on Xbox One:

Ugh I just got a bit of info I was sworn to secrecy on :-/. VR is going to be amazing. You will say KANDO.

Very interesting solutions, multiple prototypes, but the end product is Hnnnnng. Say hello to Gran Turismo 7.

Drive Club is supposedly looking much better too. Should be a good couple of months of Sony exclusives ahead.

Oh and Thief might not be 900p anymore after 8 percent more Xbox One GPU allocation. Last I heard it was 900p tho.

And this sounds like beating a dead horse, BUT developer houses are so happy with the 8 percent performance boost. Thank you MS.

Hey GT guys, I hear GDDR5 has got you 3d trees and real people. Now if only I could find out about your engine noises.

Of course, while Rasheed has a quite good track record with the leaks provided by his sources, we should as usual take this kind of insider information with a sizable pinch of salt, as no official announcement has been made by the relevant developers and publishers.

For those that don’t know, “Kando” is a word used by Sony President Kazuo Hirai to describe Sony’s products at CES, and means “creating emotion” in Japanese. All I know is that trees fully rendered in 3D in a Gran Turismo game would make me quite emotional for sure.

Sign me up! Next gen racing sims are going to get quite costly. I only hope i can use my wheel. But Sony and PD have a good track recorded of having the best wheel support on consoles, top that off with a decent VR head set and i'm in Heaven. 

Around the Network

I can see that giving motion sickness, I wouldn't want to play a racer with a VR headset, tbh I don't wanna play any game with a VR headset, but racer especially.

sounds awesome.
almost got the sony headset tv for a k, but rumors of a ps4 vr headset stopped me.

I'm ready.

VR for a sim racer, now that would be amazing.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Sound good. I hope this is true!

I think GT7 will be a game changer for the whole series and genre included. (And I don't know anything about it specifically) I think the PS4 hardware gives them all the tools they need to wow us gamers. Lets see what they can do soon!

but VR headset are too expensive... 

what's thuway's track record concerning the rumored VR headset?

Just let that sink in for a bit

GT7... my body...IS READY!!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.