By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - for sony fanboys only: ps3 domination outside NA begins now!!11!!

True lord.

@madskillz, why lock a thread about sales on a sales website....

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:

True lord.

I won't troll ... I won't troll ... but I do want some California pizza ...

It's cherry picking ... plain and simple ... can we add the NA numbers too? It's tired, tired ... tired.

Pizza is much, much more exciting. 

madskillz said:
Dolla Dolla said:
I'll take my domination with pepperoni, a-thank u.

And please, PLEASE ... hold the anchovies. They are way way too salty for me ...

OT: How many more posts before this thread is locked? Hmmm ... I'll bet $100 VG$ that it's closed in the next .... upteen posts. 

so, if thirteen to fifteen makes up dwonteen and sixteen to nineteen makes up the upteen, and posts have passed twenty, would this mean i win? :P

ils411 said:
madskillz said:
Dolla Dolla said:

And please, PLEASE ... hold the anchovies. They are way way too salty for me ...

OT: How many more posts before this thread is locked? Hmmm ... I'll bet $100 VG$ that it's closed in the next .... upteen posts. 

so, if thirteen to fifteen makes up dwonteen and sixteen to nineteen makes up the upteen, and posts have passed twenty, would this mean i win? :P

OMG that didnt make sense but for some reason I cant stop laughing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

While Sony has outdone microsoft outside of America it still has a lot of ground to catch up to the 360 in North America. Back in the Mid Nineties I remeber has a Sega Saturn Owner making the same excuse to my Friends. At that time Ironically it was the original Playstation that was Dominating the Saturn In North America. However the Saturn was a whole lot more popular overseas than it was in North America. When sony does get closer to the 360 in total sales in North America I will feel a whole lot more comfortable. I am rooting for the PS3 and hopefully with Blu Ray winning the Format War we will see a good boost In sales.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Around the Network
madskillz said:
PooperScooper said:

True lord.

I won't troll ... I won't troll ... but I do want some California pizza ...

It's cherry picking ... plain and simple ... can we add the NA numbers too? It's tired, tired ... tired.

Pizza is much, much more exciting. 

no, no,not cherry picking, just pointing out that it took the ps3 less time (a little over half the time) to match the install base of xbox360s outside NA.  in itself, is quite a remarkable achievement (outside the wii of course).

PooperScooper said:
My definition of domination is a little skewed. i say it is outperforming peoples expectations

In order to meet it's expectations, the PS3 needs to capture around 70% of the global market, demonstrate an enormous power advantage over the Xbox 360, and prove that it is more innovative than the Wii.

Im taking bets now:) 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ils411 said:
madskillz said:
Dolla Dolla said:

so, if thirteen to fifteen makes up dwonteen and sixteen to nineteen makes up the upteen, and posts have passed twenty, would this mean i win? :P

/\ Proof positive why PCs, Web access and trailer parks don't mix.

OT - the 360 has a  7M lead in NA over the PS3 - and is still leading in Others - and dang - even my nana knew the 360 would phail in Japan. What was your point again? Your post just made my brain hurt ...

iclim4 said:
ils411 said:
madskillz said:
Dolla Dolla said:

OMG that didnt make sense but for some reason I cant stop laughing.

come to think of it, your right! but glad to see it made someone laugh 

madskillz said:
ils411 said:
madskillz said:
Dolla Dolla said:

so, if thirteen to fifteen makes up dwonteen and sixteen to nineteen makes up the upteen, and posts have passed twenty, would this mean i win? :P

/ Proof positive why PCs, Web access and trailer parks don't mix.

OT - the 360 has a  7M lead in NA over the PS3 - and is still leading in Others - and dang - even my nana knew the 360 would phail in Japan. What was your point again? Your post just made my brain hurt ...

original point is that ps3 has just passed the total 360 install base ww outside of NA.

and as for NA, ps3 will probably cut the the 7m lead, but i dont see it overtaking it.