By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are XBONE graphics closer to Wii U than PS4?

JoeTheBro said:

With the recent news that MGS:GZ is 720p 60fps on the XBONE, is anyone else starting to feel that the system is closer in terms of graphics to the Wii U than the PS4? There's certainly a large gap between the XBONE and Wii U, no one is denying that, but the gap between the PS4 and XBONE appears even larger. I'm certainly thinking so.

I don't know, what's the frame rate and resolution of the game on Wii U?

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Best looking console game is a Xbox One exclusive. That should give you the answer.

Well that is just crap. It has less power by far than the PS4 so how did you figure that out??

J_Allard said:
JoeTheBro said:

With the recent news that MGS:GZ is 720p 60fps on the XBONE, is anyone else starting to feel that the system is closer in terms of graphics to the Wii U than the PS4? There's certainly a large gap between the XBONE and Wii U, no one is denying that, but the gap between the PS4 and XBONE appears even larger. I'm certainly thinking so.

I don't know, what's the frame rate and resolution of the game on Wii U?

there is no wiiu version, but wiiu is having trouble running current gen games, so probably worse then the 360/ps3 versions unless they put a crazy amount of effort in it, maybe they can get the to run the same, which  no wiiu game has accomplished so far unless being released at a later date.

starworld said:
JoeTheBro said:

Specs are great evidence but they don't tell us the full story. The real world result of the specs is what really matter. Also which non launch multiplats run much worse on Wii U? Most are almost on par if not better.

AC4 runs 5-15 fps behind current gen and looks the same, same for batman, ninaj gaiden 3 and COD ghosts, resident evil  revelations and splinter cell also called worse versions by DF, the only game that is superior NFSWU. specs also do tell the full story, just look at ryse that looks a generion better then anything on wiiu.

Except for AC4 the games you listed are almost on par, not much worse like you said.

JoeTheBro said:
starworld said:
JoeTheBro said:

Specs are great evidence but they don't tell us the full story. The real world result of the specs is what really matter. Also which non launch multiplats run much worse on Wii U? Most are almost on par if not better.

AC4 runs 5-15 fps behind current gen and looks the same, same for batman, ninaj gaiden 3 and COD ghosts, resident evil  revelations and splinter cell also called worse versions by DF, the only game that is superior NFSWU. specs also do tell the full story, just look at ryse that looks a generion better then anything on wiiu.

Except for AC4 the games you listed are almost on par, not much worse like you said.

go read the digitial foundry its says both batman orgins and cod ghosts run so bad on wiiu thats there almost no fun, compared to the 360/ps3 versions, samething for ninja gaiden 3, that only games that are close are RE and splintercell, try doing some research before making such a silly thread.

Around the Network

Are people so unaware of how games are made that they believe resolution alone dictates a console's capabilities? Don't people know about shaders, particles, physics, animations, geometry, textures etc etc? The first Xbox could output 720p games should we consider it as strong as PS3/360/Wiiu?!? People are bathing in ignorance it's unreal.

You kidding me, Right?

Jazz2K said:
Are people so unaware of how games are made that they believe resolution alone dictates a console's capabilities? Don't people know about shaders, particles, physics, animations, geometry, textures etc etc? The first Xbox could output 720p games should we consider it as strong as PS3/360/Wiiu?!? People are bathing in ignorance it's unreal.

their console of choice is getting served in every way a console could get served, so they have to look for something ANYTHING to make it look better than it actual is. No one really believes this, but its what they need to sleep at night. Personally i think energy would be better spent actually playing the damn Wii U so you can enjoy it just in case it gets discountinued ala Dreamcast but thats just me.

DirtyP2002 said:
Best looking console game is a Xbox One exclusive. That should give you the answer.

Hahahahahahahahha!  Oh you guys make me laugh!

Captain_Tom said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Hahahahahahahahha!  Oh you guys make me laugh!

I dont understand what's so funny about that,  ryse looks amazing, if it was 1080p a solid 30fps it would easily be the most impressive nextgen game out, thats not to say ps4 is not a great deal more powerful then X1, whuch it is.