By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon US leaks Crash Bandicoot for PS4 (Rumor)

Euphoria14 said:
enditall727 said:

Yea and that is what will happen when/if it returned to Sony.

It would still be that easy name kids could cling onto.

From my understanding, Skylanders isn't really about Spyro. 

Activision could keep that new design of Spyro. So these new kids really dont know what the REAL Spyro looks like

None of these kids would be crying if Spyro was removed and replaced with a new dragon

You honestly think that if Spyro release under the "SONY" label it would sell?

I honestly believe you are sorely mistaken.

Outside of Skylander he is dead (as a franchise).

If it was quality and returned to its old look.. It would

Outside of Skylanders he is dead as a franchise WITH ACTIVISION. They don't know what the fuck they're doing. Spyro and Crash were only relevant when they were associated with Sony.The quality fell in both franchises IMMEDIATELY after they left Sony.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
jacks81x said:

$50K is an arbitrary number.  My point is it doesn't need to have a AAA budget.  Anyway, we'll just agree to disagree.   I know this won't happen, but I would love for them to do a Kickstarter for a proper Spyro sequel just to gauge interest.  I know I would definitely support it as a huge Spyro fan growing up, but it'll also be interesting to see how many Spyro fans like me are still out there.  

I agree, it isn't worth arguing over. Spyro as a singular franchise is dead at the moment.

A kickstarter won't happen for it unless Activision let him go.

Are there policies on Kickstarter that would forbid a company like Activision from doing a Kickstarter?

jacks81x said:
Euphoria14 said:
jacks81x said:

$50K is an arbitrary number.  My point is it doesn't need to have a AAA budget.  Anyway, we'll just agree to disagree.   I know this won't happen, but I would love for them to do a Kickstarter for a proper Spyro sequel just to gauge interest.  I know I would definitely support it as a huge Spyro fan growing up, but it'll also be interesting to see how many Spyro fans like me are still out there.  

I agree, it isn't worth arguing over. Spyro as a singular franchise is dead at the moment.

A kickstarter won't happen for it unless Activision let him go.

Are there policies on Kickstarter that would forbid a company like Activision from doing a Kickstarter?

I don't think there are, but there would be massive backlash on the internet if Activision is asking for money to fund a project. 

NobleTeam360 said:
I hope it's made by Naughty Dog.

I don't know about that. Most of the original team(s) that helped developed Crash 1, 2, & Warped are long gone.

If Sony ever gets the franchise back, it would have to be developed from either Sanzaru or Media Molecule.

Crash was owned by Sony, and they sold the IP.. Same with spyro

mM
Around the Network

Knack reminds me of crash a lot

mM

A new Crash Bandicoot!?

Published by Activision........

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Garland said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I hope it's made by Naughty Dog.

I don't know about that. Most of the original team(s) that helped developed Crash 1, 2, & Warped are long gone.

If it has to develop it, it would have to be from either Sanzaru or Media Molecule.

I wouldn't mind that. 

Exclusive Crash was best Crash.

I mean with the success of Skylanders it only makes sense for Activision to bring back Crash. Spyro was once a dead franchise and now look at it, maybe they can do the same with Crash.