By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon US leaks Crash Bandicoot for PS4 (Rumor)

Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:

Not a huge fan of Crash but Id love to see it go back to sony. Activision has pretty much destroyed Crash. And knowing sony if they gave it to the right developer it could end up being a pretty good game that id buy.

Though it seems that it is still activision from the article -_- Well maybe sony and Activision and sony will partner up or something.

Yeah, look at what they did to Spyro.

What, you mean used him to create a multi billion dollar franchise?

Yeah, fuck that.

You say "fuck that", but it is great overall for the industry.

Would you rather then have release a single player Spyro title that flopped and made 18M total?

Spyro, when alone, is dead.

I believe the same is true for Crash.

This isn't the 90's anymore.

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
Azerth said:
I'm going to laugh when its published by Activision and is for every system

Are you planning on growing up any time soon?

Do I have to it sounds like such a bore

Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:

Not a huge fan of Crash but Id love to see it go back to sony. Activision has pretty much destroyed Crash. And knowing sony if they gave it to the right developer it could end up being a pretty good game that id buy.

Though it seems that it is still activision from the article -_- Well maybe sony and Activision and sony will partner up or something.

Skylanders would still be what it is regardless of Spyro's name being attached to it.

Spyro and Crash Bandicoot only dropped in quality when they left Sony. 

I had got a gamecube on christmas with Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex, Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly, MetroixMetroid Prime and 1 othedother game that i can't remember at the moment.

I could tell back then that they had dropped in quality.. Especially Spyro. I was so excited to use Spyro's new lighting and Ice breath but the game turned out to be wack

gooch_destroyer said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yeah, fuck that.

Would you rather then have release a single player Spyro title that flopped and made 18M total?

You may be upset, but I never cared for Spyro anyways. Meanwhile my daughter wants Skylander toys and Disney Infinity as well.

Be glad that Spyro is in a situation where he can still gain popularity, based on what his character in Skyladers can do.

Crash has nothing at this point in 2014.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

enditall727 said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:

Skylanders would still be what it is regardless of Spyro's name being attached to it.

I had got a gamecube on christmas with Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex, Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly, MetroixMetroid Prime and 1 othedother game that i can't remember at the moment.

I could tell back then that they had dropped in quality.. Especially Spyro. I was so excited to use Spyro's new lighting and Ice breath but the game turned out to be wack

Do you believe that if Sony and Activision collaborated and release a new Spyro it would sell well?

I don't.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yeah, fuck that.

You may be upset, but I never cared for Spyro anyways. Meanwhile my daughter wants Skylander toys and Disney Infinity as well.

This proves that Spyro's name being attached to Skylanders is pretty much insignifficant. 

They don't have anything else to do with the Spyro franchise.

Azerth said:
Raven722 said:
Azerth said:
I'm going to laugh when its published by Activision and is for every system

Are you planning on growing up any time soon?

Do I have to it sounds like such a bore

Do you want me to spank you?

Euphoria14 said:
jacks81x said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:

That's great for Activision, but Spyro fans want a proper Spyro sequel, not Skylanders. 

In todays market a Spyro The Dragon game will flip big time.

Who will play a game similar to Mario or Banjo with a Dragon? It just won't work. Spyro single play gaming is done.

Yes, it'll flop if they give it a AAA budget and expect it to sell several million copies.  Every type of game can suceed if realistic expectations are put into context and an appropriate budget is set relative to those expectations.  There are plenty of platforming games made by Indie studios that have done very well financially (ie, Spelunky, Guacamelee, etc) without having to sell millions of copies.  There's no reason why a game like Spyro can't work if given to the right studio and Activision is realistic with its sales forecast.  That's why a game like RE6, that sold 5+ million copies, was viewed as a disappointment financially because Capcom forcasted it to sell 7 million copies.  Meanwhile, P4G, which sold around 800K copies, was a financially hit for Atlus as it far exceeded the studio's expectations of 500K copies sold.  

enditall727 said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yeah, fuck that.

This proves that Spyro's name being attached to Skylanders is pretty much insignifficant. 

They don't have anything else to do with the Spyro franchise.

Maybe not, but she can still easily point him out. She calls him "dragon".

I have yet to buy any Skylander or Disney Infinity starter sets, but she likes the Skylander stuff because is has dragons.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
enditall727 said:
Euphoria14 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:

Do you believe that if Sony and Activision collaborated and release a new Spyro it would sell well?

I don't.

I would hope to the lord that it would fail.

That collab would be a waste of time. Sony would be wasting ideas on a franchise that is not theirs. Activision would be holding the franchise hostage.

If it's not your game THEN DONT WASTE TIME WITH IT!

So basically, if it's not completely owned by Sony then i don't want it!

Also, Insomniac has been kinda hit-or-miss lately and they also stopped working on Spyro because he couldn't use his hands.

So it would be interesting to see who would take over Spyro if it was "returned".