By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Toshiba's press confress to end it

>Really what can they do. Sure they can keep making discs but whats the point.
the point is, you don't screw your own customers. for those who spend 3--=4-- bucks on your machine, you don't go next day and discontinue them all.

very bad for customer loyalty.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Yea but what are the use of the discs. If you wanted to burn a movie to show your friends, the friend would also need a hd-dvd player, which I would Imagine would be difficult. Face it their isnt much you can do with the media because of the low amount of burners (which are extremely low) and players available.

I feel for the consumers to. Hell I liked HD-DVD, it was cheap, looked nice and had some pretty cool interactive stuff but I knew it was dead as soon as the PS3 came with a blu-ray player. It couldn't compete. Hell I really feel sorry for the people that bought laptops with built in HD-DVD.

The only way I see toshiba helping their fans is by either a) Making sure all the newst movies get a limited amount HD-DVD copies made which can be sold through toshibas official site or b) offer compensations such as for example replacing the HD-DVD player with something more viable.

TK your second choice would probablly make them bankrupt. they already lost hundred millions because of the format. they cant allow to give things away now.

how much longer till the confrence/announcement

@scooper

Thats just one of many possiblities. They can give away mp3 players (cheap to make) with some free songs.

Toshiba should do a gesture to let there fans know they appreciate the support. Hell even a letter thanking the fans for the support would be nice I would imagine.