By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will there be a "no-Kinect" Xbox One SKU?

Will there be a $399 Kinect-free SKU?

Yes, in 2014 70 44.87%

Yes, in 2015 23 14.74%

Yes, but not for a long-ass time 19 12.18%

No 43 27.56%

Total:155

I don't believe that will be a Kinectless bundle this year because MS put to much money on the kinect 2.0 and developers will not make kinect games if people don't have the thing.IMO MS will try to push Kinect until 2014 holidays, but if the gap between PS4/Xone becomes huge then MS will cut off the kinect and try a more competitive price.

Around the Network

Get rid of the kinect! People that want it can get it themselves. Its hurting the sales of the X1 by keeping its price high. At this point, even a price drop to $399 won't be enough. They need to undercut Sony if they want to sell well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Just the news that MS is going to be releasing those extra GPU resources points to them paving the way to a Kinectless SKU.

They are going to have to get the price down to compete with the PS4. If not then the XB1 sales will languish for quite some time

Marks said:
ironmanDX said:
I had no interest of Kinect until I had it, can't imagine the console without it now.

What kind of games are you into? 

TBH I've never used Kinect, it's just not something I see myself enjoying. If I got a chance to play one and I liked it I'd be happy to spend the $100 on it once I already had an Xbox One....but as it stands I refuse to buy the bundle and have it forced on me. 

I'm mostly into shooters, racing, RPG's, open world/action, and sports games (specifically NHL), which I don't imagine Kinect adding to the experience of, but I'd love to be proven wrong. 

I'm mostly into shooters, racing, RPG's, open world/action, and sports games (specifically FIFA NHL)

Yeah, I stole your text, what of it?

I don't even use it in games. I just don't know how to do some things with controller that I do with Kinect when it comes to the menu/interface. It's just so intuitive. Being able to record game clips while playing just by telling your xbox too is great. Stuff like that.

I think MS will try a $50 price cut with the Kinect still intact to see what that does. I don't think it'll work so in 2015 they'll do a Kinectless sku at $349.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

This topic....why hasn't anyone ever thought of this before? Also, why hasn't anyone ever asked if there would be a Wii U skew with no Game Pad?

OttoniBastos said:
I don't believe that will be a Kinectless bundle this year because MS put to much money on the kinect 2.0 and developers will not make kinect games if people don't have the thing.IMO MS will try to push Kinect until 2014 holidays, but if the gap between PS4/Xone becomes huge then MS will cut off the kinect and try a more competitive price.

I dont really see developers making games for it either way, did the industry heavly embrace wii waggle no.  It does not look like they overly care about kinetic either.  MS might push hard but if they favor it over traditional controler games it may give xbots reason to jump ship to PS4 for their FPS hardcore gaming needs.

The kinnect is one of the reasons I chose the PS4. Removing the it will make the Xbox One a lot more tempting when Quantum Break, Fable, and D4 are released. Plus, I will get to play Dead Rising 3 :D

I hope it happens. Show us why we want the kinnect or let it go.

HumdrumPie said:

The kinnect is one of the reasons I chose the PS4. Removing the it will make the Xbox One a lot more tempting when Quantum Break, Fable, and D4 are released. Plus, I will get to play Dead Rising 3 :D

This line of thinking is ... silly. Why not just hope for a $100 price cut? You know you don't have to use Kinect right? You can ditch it ...

Seece said:
HumdrumPie said:

This line of thinking is ... silly. Why not just hope for a $100 price cut? You know you don't have to use Kinect right? You can ditch it ...

Yeah, I can ditch it but I still have to pay for it if I buy an Xbox One. If a price cut does happen then it's just a natural result of lower manufacturing cost or cheaper parts. The kinnect will still be adding a good chunk of the price to the console.

I think the Kinnect is the main reason Microsoft is not selling worldwide. They have to translate the voice commands. Deals with cable companies is another. I'm still scratching my head wondering why is it so vital? One good kinnect game might change my mind. Two would be even better.