By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 destroys 360 in others.

weezy said:
Usually ppl dont jump right into a gaming market dominated by nintendo and sony and come out on top 1st gen.

Why not?  Doesn't your original post imply MS has too much money to do anything but win?  So why didn't Xbox win?  Or maybe the bank was closed for the weekend and they couldn't get at their money?  Or maybe that money is actually needed for their main business in OS and Office software and fending of the increasing threat of Google, etc. on their core business?  Or maybe your original post's implication about money always winnning was wrong?

Who knows?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

While Legend is obviously acting on his bias towards the 360, he makes a very good point. The Ps3 has just recently met the consumer range of price comfort with the 40GB model where as the 360 has been at that range since launch. The consumer market willing to pay that much for a console is meeting its saturation point for the 360 console while there is still plenty of room to that threshold for the PS3. The 360 would only have to drop its price once more to expose a new strata of consumers who have been holding off.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
While Legend is obviously acting on his bias towards the 360, he makes a very good point. The Ps3 has just recently met the consumer range of price comfort with the 40GB model where as the 360 has been at that range since launch. The consumer market willing to pay that much for a console is meeting its saturation point for the 360 console while there is still plenty of room to that threshold for the PS3. The 360 would only have to drop its price once more to expose a new strata of consumers who have been holding off.

Stick to Playing the Wii.  You seem to being clueless about the other two consoles so your opinion on this topic is null and void.  Be happy Ninty finally regained 1st(i know i am) and leave 2nd place alone.

Auron said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Stick to Playing the Wii.  You seem to being clueless about the other two consoles so your opinion on this topic is null and void.  Be happy Ninty finally regained 1st(i know i am) and leave 2nd place alone.

And what is your basis for this assumption? I don't ever recall naming a second place, I merely confirmed that the 360 could easily gain the lead again with a new game or price cut. It's common sense, I imagine the reason you find my input so offensive is that you know it could very well be true.

Your attack also illustrates your dependence on the minority status of 360 fanboys here giving you and your PS3 fanboy kin the upper hand in speculatory topics like this. Your comfort zone relies in numbers, the more people that share your thoughts the easier it is for you to believe such claims, and when an outsider like me comes into to support the 360 minority, you take offense and try and find what ever reason you can to push me aside.

Would you have ever imagined before the PS3 launch that the day would come when Sony fans would be celebrating the Playstation Brand outselling the Xbox Brand by such a narrow margin? How close the two are and how far the Xbox Brand has come is more than clear. Don't so cheekily rule out the 360 as a contendor when you and your kin have been championing the PS3 during all these hard months.

i cannot wait till ps3 sales exceed 360 sales.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

lol @ weezy and his flame posts and threads. Where would this site be without him?

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Girl Gamer Elite said:

I agree with what you say to a certain degree, but seeing as the PS3 costs £299 RRP in the UK (there is no 60Gb model anymore) and there are 3 models for the 360 (Arcade, Premium & Elite) and their prices are £199, £279 & £299 respectively.  So surely there is a whole range of consumers willing to spend £199 on a home console moreso that £299, yet sales of the PS3 are continuing to rise while sales of the 360 are getting smaller.

On a personal note, I feel that the Arcade model is a complete waste of time and I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappearing pretty soon.  So MS have to effectively drop the RRP of the Premium and Elite models significantly for there to be any large shift in sales.  I would expect a drop to £199 and £179 for the Elite and Premium to make big changes.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

i rofl at the killzone 2 and LBP games

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

As I mentioned a while ago PS3 sales would continue to increase and eventually out sell 360 in others. Now that Blu Ray is becoming more in demand plus the release of PS3's anticipating titles expect PS3 to begin closing 360's gap in the US and take the lead in others by the end of 2008.

weezy said:
^ or a couple AAA, 360 exclusives

Remember PPL Microsoft can never lose... they have too much money.

Microsoft desides when they lose.

Excel and Word coming to Xbox360 ?

LOL

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !