By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 destroys 360 in others.

weezy said:

Good thing Microsoft is a few cards up its sleeve...

MS has nothing left, they pretty much put all their faith in 07 but the PS3 took the blows and now its the inevitable counter attack that the 360 simply cant withstand.

Around the Network

Good numbers for ps3. Remember, Sony hasn't released any 1st party/exclusive games yet. Wait til they come :P And lets not forget Blu ray Domination :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

weezy said:

Just wondering, but what, aside from pricedrops, might those be?  Their biggest games have already hit.  Sure, they could have a few unannounced badass new IPs in the works, but the same could be said for Nintendo and Sony.

I wonder if the NPD numbers were calling for a lowering of the PS3 figures, would all these PS3 fanboys be raising such a stink to get them lowered.

I highly suggest bans.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

makingmusic476 said:
weezy said:

Just wondering, but what, aside from pricedrops, might those be? Their biggest games have already hit. Sure, they could have a few unannounced badass new IPs in the works, but the same could be said for Nintendo and Sony.

It was sarcasm. Weezy believes they have nothing, and he would be correct. They have Gears 2, new SKU, price drop, and individual 09 game announcments. If you consider that "something" then his sarcasm is unwarrented.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Mars said:
weezy said:

MS has nothing left, they pretty much put all their faith in 07 but the PS3 took the blows and now its the inevitable counter attack that the 360 simply cant withstand.

But but but bbbbbbut they have Gears 2, and ummm Some Halo spinoffs, and new skus and and and a TON of unannounced IP!!!!

It seems that Ps 3 sell more each week. What turnaround for a console that should be dying right now.

Alan Wake and Fable 2 seem like pretty legit games, so let's not underestimate MS, Auron.

I still think Sony will win out in America this year, but that's highly contingent. Basically, Sony and MS will be close in the first quarter because of the 360 shortage. MS will win out in the 2nd quarter because of GTA4 and better system availability. Then I think Sony will take the 3rd quarter with the release of MGS4. The 4th quarter is where things will get tricky. It'll all depends on whether or not Sony gets down to the $300 price point and the big 1st party titles actually release. Resistance 2 will definitely come out because Insomniac never misses a deadline. The question is whether or not GT5 (and Killzone2 to some extent) make it in time. LittleBigPlanet and a Team Ico game would be great niche titles, but ultimately GT5 and Resistance2 have the real ability to be huge mass market sellers.

Fable 2 and Alan Wake will probably be great games, but I don't think they have mass appeal of GT5 and Resistance2. Gears 2 on the other hand would undoubtedly be huge.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Price drop for Xbox360 isn't gonna fix Others at this time.
They would need something bigger ( big exclusive or Sony loosing a very big exclusive ( FF ?) , the Wii stole that part of the market, if you want to buy an affordable console you buy a Wii.. And Sony has deftly(luckily) managed to position themselves in the high quality/high grade console segment of the market in Others/( not that suprising as it is the market segment their electronics is in).

A price drop by itself in Others would just look like what HD-DVD tried to do 3 weeks ago lol and we saw how it went...

but yes, at the current rythm by this summer the PS3 will be selling double what the XboX360 sales per week and it could be as much as triple by Holydays 2008 and if that happens the Xbox360 will be dead in Others....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

ioi should not have to change his numbers if he trust that they are correct. Sometimes, i wonder what you guys are thinking. When he believes he made a mistake, he changes the numbers. Should he do this when he thinks he is correct? Why should he? Because it is NPD? Bullshit.

On topic, this is the first time I have seen a distance that large between the two consoles. I was thinking, "Soon enough, Playstation 3 will be doubling up on 360 in others." That is something I never thought would even happen.

And what kind of post would this be if I did not mention Nintendo killing everyone? Probably a bad one.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000