By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Zero999 said:

they won't need much stock for japan launch.

Hope you are right. One got humilated without PS4 out in Japan. If PS4 sold a lot there now too, it will be a massacre.

Bring the stock to Eu/Us instead. There are still supply's issues there...

Around the Network
small44 said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:

PS4 with 61% marketshare this week...without Japan

japan won't be very relevant in that percentage for more than 2 weeks.

Haha, want to bet? PS4 should sell more in its third week in Japan than WiiU WW that week, barring complete sellouts and lack of stock.

You will regret it. it may even be hard for ps4's japan 3rd week to compete with wii u's japanese sales for the same week.

Alright. Conditions?

sounds straight forward. I win if ps4 week 3 in japan < Wii U WW numbers for the same week.

you win if I win if ps4 week 3 in japan > Wii U WW numbers for the same week.

I agree with zero, the ps4 won't lght Japan on fire. The ps3 sold like 1.5 million a year there? Wow that's massive.....

So whatever happened last gen automatically locks in the trends of the new gen?    Great logic you have there..

I'm sorry if my "opinion" doesn't match up to yours! But if you look at the last gen, the wii sold pretty well and didn't set Japan on fire either. PS3 sold pretty slow too. I'm not saying the ps4 won't sell pretty well, but I think that Japan has shown they aren't as "into" consoles as other countries are. Now you acting like just because it's the ps4, it will suddenly change that. Now THATS even greater logic you have there..

edit: even Sony sees Japan as the #3 market, why else would they wait until February to release it in their homeland? Consoles just aren't that huge there anymore. It's just a reality.

Ps1 and ps2 was so popular in Japan the last generation look just like an exception i don't say ps4 will sell like ps2 in Japan but it will probably sold more then ps3.

Yeah, it certainly may out do the ps3. But the ps3 was pretty exceptional in terms of library. Sure it was expensive as hell at first, but even with a pretty low price for the last few years, it still didn't sell much. Only time will tell I suppose!

Zero999 said:
Xevross said:
zumnupy10 said:
KBG29 said:
PS4 is on a freaking roll. After the Japan launch we should see 250K or more every week. Looks like they will have well over 500k consoles for launch in Japan.

Will be interesting to see how things go once Live TV, VOD, PPV, and PSNow hit the US in the summer. Add on E3, Gamescom, and TGS which should be packed with game announcements, and PlayStation looks like it has a massive amount of content to push this gap even further.

I really doubt PS4 will sell more than 20K weekly in Japan. 

Even if the PS4 doesn't sell that much in Japan, sales will still rise more because right now they're saving stock for Japan launch, after it they will have more to sell WW.

Basically. Though it will sell several hundred thousand upon launch. But will most likely not be selling 80k per week after the launch period... 

WebMasterFlex said:
Zero999 said:

Hope you are right. One got humilated without PS4 out in Japan. If PS4 sold a lot there now too, it will be a massacre.

Even if the ps4 sells like crap in Japan, as of now, it is a massacre anyway....

wick said:
Mr Puggsly said:

We already know what's stealing X1 sales, the price. Its deterring Xbox 360 fans from upgrading.

I know a heap of Xbox360 fans who have already upgraded.

To a PS4.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Everyone who owned a 360 now owns a PS4.

Thanks for your anecdotal evidence.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
wick said:
Mr Puggsly said:

We already know what's stealing X1 sales, the price. Its deterring Xbox 360 fans from upgrading.

To a PS4.

He said a heap and this months NPD report just further proves his claims.

fatslob-:O said:
Mr Puggsly said:
wick said:
Mr Puggsly said:

To a PS4.

Sony said 60% of PS4 owners have a Vita?

Assuming that's true, that's an indication most avid Sony fans are buying the PS4.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Mr Puggsly said:
wick said:
Mr Puggsly said:

To a PS4.

Assuming that's true, that's an indication most avid Sony fans are buying the PS4.

Still doesn't make your case any better. January is where all the hype has died down so NPD numbers for this month still a valid evidence for his claims.

Justagamer said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Zero999 said:

Even if the ps4 sells like crap in Japan, as of now, it is a massacre anyway....

I'm serious for the supply's issue. It's better to bring more PS4's stock. In France you go to a shop, no PS4, only unsold One's stock. The extra sales in Japan will push even further PS4, but bring majority of the stock in Eu/Us.

Mr Puggsly said:

Still doesn't make your case any better. Janurary is where all the hype has died down so NPD numbers for this month still a valid evidence for his claims.

Yes, yes it does.

I'm pointing to signs that Sony fans are rushing to get the PS4.

Some people seem to believe its primarily 360 fans jumping ship. That just isn't logical.

Recently Completed