By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do?

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Conina said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Keep pushing out the WiiU. Its sold 5 million in 2013 alone.

No, it didn't.

In 2013 ( all of 2013) It sold 4.3 mil

bro do you even chartz?

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2013/Global/

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Nintendo has thousands of employees working on "what can Nintendo do".

The answer? A lot. One failure does not sink a company. Thousands of employees working together to accomplish something are still capable of being thousands of employees working together to accomplish something, even in light of past accomplishments being outshined by a competing group of thousands of employees working together.

"On the whole, Nintendo is falling apart". Really? REALLY? LOL I'm sorry but.............*facepalm*

That statement alone was enough to derail the thread, honestly.

3DS might not outsell GBA? That depends entirely on how long they keep it on the market before releasing a new handheld. 3DS was the top selling system of 2013, and it honestly did pretty strong numbers in 2012 as well. It's STILL selling well right this moment (on par or better, week to week, with PS4).

Wii U might not outsell GC? A highly debatable point. It remains to be seen, but it's still highly debatable, and chances are likely that it most certainly will eventually outsell it.

"What can Nintendo do?" They can make and release games. They can partner up with third party devs, and get more exclusives. They can continue to lure the growing mass of indie developers to make games for eShop. And they can advertise the system better. That's all any company can do, really.

But "Nintendo is falling apart"? Not even close.

make new developers and or buy some. more games and marketing its that simple

ICStats said:

For home console in the mid-term they probably have to just swallow the pill and keep doing what they're doing. 3rd parties have all but left Wii U, so it will be very hard to reach any critical mass on that product, but they have probably invested a lot into the games that are coming, and will be better to keep going and break even than to cancel anything.

For handheld they could move to the next generation in the next 1~2 years I think (i.e. when 3DS is 4 to 5 years old).

Iwata clearly does not want to downsize Nintendo, but I think they would start reducing resources in the home and handheld games segment, and add resources to their QOL segment.

In other words, make even LESS games for their own systems? That somehow doesn't strike me as a recipe for success.

Around the Network

Don't lower the price so they can make money off console sales + the 3DS, just like the Gamecube and GBA days. Just make the Wii U a 1st Party+indie machine. Announce a new console+handheld at E3 2016 and have them both release holiday 2017.

Also, buy companys. Nintendo really missed a big chance with Atlus.

DevilRising said:
"On the whole, Nintendo is falling apart". Really? REALLY? LOL I'm sorry but.............*facepalm*

I admit it... That was overly dramatic... But it's just that, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and I'm losing hope! There's something wrong there. The last Direct made me worry more than excite me. And I mean they're falling because it doesn't matter what they do, it won't help them because they lost. I'm not saying they'll go bankrupt this year, the next, or in the next 5 years. But they dig themselve in this whole, and there's no way back up...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Nintendo falling apart..? Blimey, things aren't great but they're not quite that bad lmfao. The 3DS is flying off shelves and software sales are also very healthy. Hyperbole much..?

As far as the Wii U is concerned they need to cut the price to £180/$250, give more GameCube titles the Wind Waker HD treatment, make the software that made developing Wind Waker HD so quick and easy available to third parties, collaborate with more indie developers such as Platinum Games and Crytek to bring exclusives to the system, collaborate with major third party publishers to bring exclusives to the system (I'm looking at you, Capcom, for Nintendo Vs Capcom).

As for the next console they need to drop the Wii name, talk to developers so that they can have input into hardware choices, make sure that it has a steady stream of software from first, second and third parties from launch and during and after the launch window and - most importantly - market the bloody thing ffs.

Slarvax said:
DevilRising said:

I admit it... That was overly dramatic... But it's just that, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and I'm losing hope! There's something wrong there. The last Direct made me worry more than excite me. And I mean they're falling because it doesn't matter what they do, it won't help them because they lost. I'm not saying they'll go bankrupt this year, the next, or in the next 5 years. But they dig themselve in this whole, and there's no way back up...

Because you're not actually paying attention to what nintendo's REALITY is. Just what people are pushing down your throat about the company which distorts how people see them.

This my friend is nintendo's reality.

3DS is Up year on year outside of Japan, Its outselling GBA in Japan.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/10/nintendo-3ds-sales-outpacing-game-boy-advance-japan/

WiiU is on pace to outsell the gamecube. Nintendo released 4 gamecube games in the Gamecube's first year.
They released 10 in WiiU's first year after that shitty drought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_products_published_by_Nintendo

If you listened to the amount of shit spoken about Nintendo you'd miss the forest for the dirt it grows upon.
Nintendo is in a Negative PR storm that feeds peoples addictions and it makes them money. Its like they want to see a train crash that isnt actually crashing, its growing wings in preparation to take off as it becomes an airplane

http://www.edge-online.com/news/amazon-uk-on-the-next-gen-race-nintendos-plight-microconsole-rumours-and-accidental-leaks/

Besides. This is a very VERY good sign http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1#1

One thing Nintendo can STOP doing is making purple lunchboxes(GameCube) with stupid names(wiiu). The wii name was ok, and calling wiiu the wii 2 would have been so much better. I think a big problem with the cube was the image a purple handled box gave it, and the wiiu, well, it's just the stupidest name I've ever heard. What on earth were they thinking?!