By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think this is Funny

"The game ( Dragon Quest IX for DS ) is such a huge prospect for Square Enix that the company does not particularly wish to release it and Final Fantasy XIII on the PlayStation 3 in close proximity of each other in Japan for fear of cannibalising sales of one or the other. Therefore, a new report in Nikkei Torendinetto points towards Wada-san discussing how he is unsure whether or not the two high profile role-playing titles should be launched in the same year as business my be hurt as a result. So could Final Fantasy XIII actually be pushed back into early 2009? We shall have to wait and see…"

............................... ............................... ............................... ............................... 

Not that I want to pick on PS3 fans, but it is funny for a PS3 game to be pushed up ( assuming it happens )

because of a DS game..

No one has to respond to this thread, I just wanted to say that it's Funny, that's all 

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network

Wow! Why don't they release FFXII first and DQIX be pushed back to early 2009 :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

BottledSpringWater said:
Wow! Why don't they release FFXII first and DQIX be pushed back to early 2009 :P

More profit on DQIX

there's already a thread about this.

and I don't think both game is in much conflict with each other. I will play FFXIII at home and play DQIX on the road.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^ probably because DQIX has little competition in Japan for being a great game (there are 0 great new releases for japanesse people on DS atm) while Ps3 has had some games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
there's already a thread about this.

and I don't think both game is in much conflict with each other. I will play FFXIII at home and play DQIX on the road.

that's why i said that i was posting it because it was funny, and not to get responses

I kinda failed to see what's funny here. *shrugs*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

The only reason this is a concern is because Square Enix owns both franchises and doesn't want to cannibalize their own business prospects. It has nothing to do with the PS3 and DS competing with each other.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

kingofwale said:
I kinda failed to see what's funny here. *shrugs*

key word is " I "........ " I think it's funny "

Makes sence to release the DS game first this will also allow the PS3 install base to grow and mean more sales on that franchise first, doesnt mean USA cant have an 08 FF release as i dont think Dragon Quest is gonna cannabalize sales there.